Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Geography 2012- Before/After

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭smilgy

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I just want to clarify, is it ok to write in bullet points for all sections of the paper?

Afaik everything but the option as there is coherence marks going for that

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

If a question states to explain formation of any landform in karst region, can I pick underground? Like a pillar? Or must it be surface, if it doesn't state?

If it doesn't state then you're free to do anything..:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Good luck everyone. :)

We're nearly there...it will be over in a few hours...

And don't worry about it guys...the project + short questions = pass ... or near enough...
    And if you quickly look over your Option for 80 marks and do an alright answer on it in the exam and do an OS sketchmap and bullsh*t the rest of it, you still have a chance for a good enough mark...

I you get 80/80 (short Qs) + 70/80 for Option + 90/100 for project + 90/240 out of the Core and Electives = 66%:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meesh140

Absolutely screwed for this exam
    Barely know soils for geoecology, don't know the Biome
    Haven't done the elective...
    And only really know Paris for the regional
    I got a B2 last time, but I totally put geography on the back burner this year thinking I'd remember it... I last did my leaving 3 years ago
    WHAT WAS I THINKING?? There's no way I was going to just rememeber this
    Ah sure...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Only thing I don't really know is geoecology... I only learned 2 biomes, if plant and animal adaptions doesn't come up O:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Astrozombies

awkward monent when I learn 3 geo-ecology essays AND NONE UP UP UUUUUUUUGHHHHHH 80M what is life

and for deposition I wrote about meanders .... why why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Failed. Or a bare pass..

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

The cúnts went out of there way to make the exam as awkward as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

****kkkkkkkkk....There is my A gone :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Hoggy1000

and for deposition I wrote about meanders .... why why

Haha, I chose to do an ox box lake and I only drew the pictures because I couldnt remember the ol talk to desribe it :L

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Geographyhater

That wasnt to bad except they had to remove erosion from the river question god!! Regional was really nice this year

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Kelix

Lovely paper, but the timing DAMN THE TIMING. We have to write as much as English paper 2 so why do we get 30 mins less? It's literally impossible to give full answers for everything. I did brilliant on the physical environment and human environment, an AMAZING geocology answer but I was running out of time with the regional and had to rush my answers, got them done, but they're in no way full 30 marks. The timing pisses me off so much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Geographyhater

Kelix wrote: »
    Lovely paper, but the timing DAMN THE TIMING. We have to write as much as English paper 2 so why do we get 30 mins less? It's literally impossible to give full answers for everything. I did brilliant on the physical environment and human environment, an AMAZING geocology answer but I was running out of time with the regional and had to rush my answers, got them done, but they're in no way full 30 marks. The timing pisses me off so much though.
    Ye same i had to rush elective didnt get last wuestion completely finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Kelix

Ye same i had to rush elective didnt get last wuestion completely finished!
    Even Biology has more time, 3 hours, and it's less writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I think I may have misread a question. Bye bye A1 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭o1aa

Question on technology was easy! I haven't studied it (I didnt even know it was on syllabus.. :P) and it went pretty well ;) I think regional was easy and the question about biome,.. Love it!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I just want to clarify, is it ok to write in bullet points for all sections of the paper?
    Not the very last bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

M&S* wrote: »

I think I royally fecked up tbh :( Was prepared and wanted an A1..Not to be I don't think :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'm not sure how it went but it definitely went better than last year.
    Where I couldn't answer most I just tried writing anything. I wasn't suprised when I got a D3. This time I could answer most. My physical and regional section were my best I think. The human I'm not sure I answered the 12 c part right I did B) and spoke about the linear, dispersed and clustered patterns.

The C) part for the land use., my mind wend blank I started speaking about the docklands and got a small paragraph and couldn't think of anything else . Then I started bringing up the road development and the port tunnel. I'm not sure if thats what I was supposed to be mentioning :S.
    The option I did human impact and spoke about the acid rain I got two pages usually I'd get more. I messed up the titles .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I blazed through the short answers and still had to rush a C part of a question, ended up getting it finished but it wasn't fully answered as much as I would have liked it to been. Quickly drew diagrams in the hope I might make up a few SRPs.

I was dreading that paper going into it as it seemed I hadn't covered enough, but I came out of it incredibly happy. The two questions I needed to avoid came up together on the same section which I was delighted about :D I think I answered most things well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

It was a pretty awkward paper I was hoping for a high B but I doubt I'll even get a C1, and they siad repeating is easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TMCGY

SlyBacon93 wrote: »
    It was a pretty awkward paper I was hoping for a high B but I doubt I'll even get a C1, and they siad repeating is easier.

I think I'm in the same boat as you! :confused:
    I was hoping for soil composition and characteristics! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Didn't think that went bad at all. :) physical was by far my worst q, but it just got better from there on in. Found the short qs kinda tough and was writing until the last minute (had to rush my conflict q) but otherwise I am quite happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

shorts as per usual

physical very sneaky

regional excellent

human excellent

biome - happy enough but was not expecting that q!

very happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TMCGY

M&S* wrote: »

Which question?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

What was the biome question guys? Oh and did characteristics of a soil type come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Beware

Not a bad paper at all. The essay (in our school we do sustainable management of global resources) was absolutely beautiful. In short, it was the sort of essay question you can only dream of.

I thought the Physical geography questions were a bit sneaky, but luckily I managed to miss the bullet. Rest of paper was good, though I did think it was a little bit harder (essay aside) than other years.

Thought it was okay...not an A but maybe a C1 or a B...I was on my regional question, part C but realized I won't have time to finish another C that I was hoping to do after I was done with that one...so I went to the other one and got only half done on that too...so I had two unfinished Cs but otherwise it was okay, considering I only revised some stuff last night...

I got my short Qs done (which I thought were kinda hard...anyone else?) and then did my biome question - 3pgs...maybe that's why I didn't get time to finish my Qs:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

Didn't get mine finished, but happy enough. Wanted to get up and dance when I got my biome question. :3

Advertisement