Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Geography 2012- Before/After

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Anyone do Q1,Q4 and Q8? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

e1994 wrote: »
    Made an absolute balls of it :( A1 in mocks and down to about a B3 if I'm lucky :(
    and did anyone else not read the question properly and do a waterfall instead of a process of deposition??? so annoyed with myself!!!!!!

You're sad with a B3? :confused:

And yeah, a friend of mine did something like that with the rock cycle question and said he nearly did the same with that question. He also called the SEC "Sneaky bastards" for putting in erosion instead of deposition.

Well I ****ed that big time. Today was terrible for me, did no study for either Geography or Maths before and couldn't cram with the two exams today and English finishing so late yesterday. Serves me right to be honest. At least I've got the hardest day over with.

Totally made up the whole paper. The short questions went great but didn't write down a single word of learned stuff. Just made it up from my general knowledge. I'd be lucky with a D3 really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Epsi wrote: »
    Didn't mind the paper too much. The short questions were grand , did Question 3 from core , Question 6 from regional , Question 7 from electives and Biome (question 18) from Geoecology. I found the core questions to be a bit tricky. Skipped part c) on Q3 to focus a little more on my biome essay. I'd rather of had a biome question on adaptations by flora and fauna.

Can you tell me if in Q17 it was alright to talk about overgrazing/overcropping/desertification since it was about soil erosion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Dapics wrote: »
    Anyone do Q1,Q4 and Q8? :)

was question 4 sub continental map and the one with european agriculture? and was 8 conflict of interest and MNC's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

AnnaKin wrote: »
    Can you tell me if in Q17 it was alright to talk about overgrazing/overcropping/desertification since it was about soil erosion?

Thats what I talked about!

• Advertisement

HowAreWe wrote: »
    was question 4 sub continental map and the one with european agriculture? and was 8 conflict of interest and MNC's?

Yep that was question four, i think question 8 was the one to do with the impacts of colonialism on a developing economy, was a lovely question

Yep that was question four, i think question 8 was the one to do with the impacts of colonialism on a developing economy, was a lovely question

okay well I did question 4 and it was the only thing that went bad for me :/ part a and b were grand, I did the paris basin ...but part C I didnt have a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TMCGY

pio94 wrote: »
    i drew 3 seperate bar charts for each country......probably completley wrong

I did that too!!! I didnt leave space between the different countries thou so it just looked like one huge bar graph :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I did the Ox Bow lake for my feature of deposition.

Will I get away with this?

Guys I really need your help here I'm starting to worry. :(

AnnaKin wrote: »

I wrote about that too!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

okay well I did question 4 and it was the only thing that went bad for me :/ part a and b were grand, I did the paris basin ...but part C I didnt have a clue

I thought part c was nice and easy... lots of scope to answer with in comparison to the other damn specific questions that came up.

I chose the G.D.A and wrote about how our economic, cultural and social history impacted on population processes.
    Also wrote how the G.D.A served as a commuter belt for Dublin.
    Education was good.
    Also mentioned immigration from EU and how good infrastructure allowed greater accesibility to the region

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

pio94 wrote: »
    I saw someone say they wrote about rural settlements (clustered, linear, dispersed...) :confused::eek:

HELP PLEASE???

I wrote about that was that not what you were supposed to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

TMCGY wrote: »
    For the human elective i think it was Q12 you had to draw a graph.. is it a bar graph or line graph you draw?!

I drew two bar graphs I wasn't sure what graph to draw :S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Wesc. wrote: »
    I did the Ox Bow lake for my feature of deposition.

Will I get away with this?

Guys I really need your help here I'm starting to worry. :(

I did a waterfall, how do you think I feel, didn't even realise, Goodbye A. 6 % gone. :(

You should be grand though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I did a waterfall, how do you think I feel, didn't even realise, Goodbye A. 6 % gone. :(

Not necessarily! surely there's some aspects to the formation of a waterfall where deposition occurs? I'd say you'd get nearly half marks anyway!

I wrote about that was that not what you were supposed to do?

I wrote about that too but tbh its was all made up on the spot!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I dunno, the specificness makes me think they wanted full on deposition. Thank god i'd learned a beach off :eek:

I thought part c was nice and easy... lots of scope to answer with in comparison to the other damn specific questions that came up.

I chose the G.D.A and wrote about how our economic, cultural and social history impacted on population processes.
    Also wrote how the G.D.A served as a commuter belt for Dublin.
    Education was good.
    Also mentioned immigration from EU and how good infrastructure allowed greater accesibility to the region

yeah we didnt do that :/ i'm mortified I wrote a few lines and just drew a map ...ah well the rest of my paper was solid enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I dunno, the specificness makes me think they wanted full on deposition. Thank god i'd learned a beach off :eek:

Yeah they did, such a bitch of a question though every other year it's a choice, I was an idiot for not reading it properly but still, like that 6% gone, at least it wasn't anymore I suppose. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I probably lost 16% on the option section...WHY are all the exams so awful this year! Fair assessment my ASS, if I'd done the LC last year I'd have done SO much better.

• Advertisement

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Yeah they did, such a bitch of a question though every other year it's a choice, I was an idiot for not reading it properly but still, like that 6% gone, at least it wasn't anymore I suppose. :(

Theres no point in worrying bout it now! nothing you can do... move on to the next exam and try to get an extra 6% in that to make up for it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

For Q.10 I drew the sketch map of the historical map on graph paper,is that wrong? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Darren.993

The SEC really are going out of their way to make it as hard as possible this year. I completely regretting doing TY now, I would have done so much better last year.

I only dread to think what History will be like after how bad I messed the Geography paper up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 grizzly_bear

Darren.993 wrote: »
    The SEC really are going out of their way to make it as hard as possible this year. I completely regretting doing TY now, I would have done so much better last year.

I only dread to think what History will be like after how bad I messed the Geography paper up.

History is scaring me so,so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FunnyUserName

History is scaring me so,so much.

So, what are we all learning for it then?;) or is there a history paper thread already?

So, what are we all learning for it then?;) or is there a history paper thread already?

I have a feeling Eucharistic congress WONT come up...after english :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Darren.993

I have a feeling Eucharistic congress WONT come up...after english :rolleyes:
    It's too obvious imo, it probably won't come up. I'm just praying for Belfast during WWII or the Treaty to come up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

The thing that really annoyed me was the way they asked for a landform of deposition and my landform I had studied was Levee.Then the following question is how humans interfere with river processes and I had Dams and levees studied for that...Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PowKitty

Oh biome.. early settlement, really?!

Other than that it was an okay, the historic map was so hard to read.. could not find which building was the school for the life of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 pio94

the exam itself was nothing like any other leaving cert geography

Advertisement