Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Geography 2012- Before/After

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FunnyUserName

HowAreWe wrote: »
    I have a feeling Eucharistic congress WONT come up...after english :rolleyes:

I'm winging it. Fed up of this ****e...I'm contemplating going out this weekend as well, oh to be a waster :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

David1994 wrote:
    The thing that really annoyed me was the way they asked for a landform of deposition and my landform I had studied was Levee.Then the following question is how humans interfere with river processes and I had Dams and levees studied for that...Ugh!
    Whys that bad? I did beaches for both kinda...its valid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

TMCGY wrote: »
    I wrote about that too but tbh its was all made up on the spot!!

Mine was too I completely waffled it all making things up like saying the clustered settlement was because it was near the city and services . And stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Limschoolboy

PowKitty wrote: »
    Oh biome.. early settlement, really?!

Other than that it was an okay, the historic map was so hard to read.. could not find which building was the school for the life of me.

School was labelled on the historic map?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Aidenryan

Anyone know if the sea stack was okay to do for the deposition on landform develpment?? i need help and did anyone else geocology 3rd option on biomes,wat did u talk about???????

• Advertisement

is a sea stack okay???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Awwwww ****, what does early settlement mean, I wrote about stuff that happened in Brazil in the 50/60's and 70/80's, will that be alright. I also mentioned the Normans in the 1100's, will I get marks for Brazil or is that too recent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Aidenryan wrote: »
    is a sea stack okay???

jaysus relax..... well its not really...

David1994 wrote: »
    The thing that really annoyed me was the way they asked for a landform of deposition and my landform I had studied was Levee.Then the following question is how humans interfere with river processes and I had Dams and levees studied for that...Ugh!

That was weird I had to answer on levees twice . I had the river rhine which was about levees too. I hope I remembered it well. I nearly freaked out I thought it only said coastal and mass movement and I 'd just finished the levees.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PowKitty

School was labelled on the historic map?
    Yeah I know but there we're a few buildings beside where it said school but I guess it's in and around the same place anyways :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Whys that bad? I did beaches for both kinda...its valid!

Dunno felt like I was repeating myself on some things :P

CiaranK wrote: »

wat u mean by biomeS ,isnt that wat u answerd?

You know Q6.
    For the european countries what countries did you put down?
    And it was like name 2 that are in the EU in 2010 ? I said Slovenia and Cyprus
    and the other name 2 countries that aren't in the EU? I said Finland and The Netherlands
    what did yous put?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

Was an alright paper, found the short questions to require much more effort than usual :P
    Mainly winged it, geography is one of the subjects I don't struggle with oddly. B2 in the mocks for doing nothing :S

Regional and physical questions were beautiful, loved the one of the EU crisis too. Geoecology was alright, I wanted flora/fauna/soil adaptations to come up so I waffled lots. But hopefully did ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

Was an alright paper, found the short questions to require much more effort than usual :P
    Mainly winged it, geography is one of the subjects I don't struggle with oddly. B2 in the mocks for doing nothing :S

Regional and physical questions were beautiful, loved the one of the EU crisis too. Geoecology was alright, I wanted flora/fauna/soil adaptations to come up so I waffled lots. But hopefully did ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TMCGY

Mine was too I completely waffled it all making things up like saying the clustered settlement was because it was near the city and services . And stuff like that.

Yea same!! Haha im thinking now was it ment to be on like historic settlement?? Like normans and neolithic age and stuff?? :confused:

Yea same!! Haha im thinking now was it ment to be on like historic settlement?? Like normans and neolithic age and stuff?? :confused:

It said the functions though it didn't say historic settlements so I assumed it was just normal settlements :S.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Limschoolboy

Guys, I wouldn't worry too much about question 18!
    If you did one biome you wouldnt loose an abundance of marks, in fact with the outrage u prob wont loose much..

If you mentioned two areas where the biome is found or different examples they prob be generous! dont worry!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fiona1993

Does it matter if you don't number your questions???????

It said the functions though it didn't say historic settlements so I assumed it was just normal settlements :S.

Oh wait are we talking bout the same question?!

• Advertisement

Oh wait are we talking bout the same question?!

I'm talking about the Q12 wbu?

I'm talking about the Q12 wbu?

Yea! haha what did the question say again i cant even remember now! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

For anyone panicking about the geoecology question where it said biomes and you weren't sure if you had to do more than one, there was a similar enough question in 2009 "Assess how biomes have been altered by human activity". In the marking scheme it said "examination can refer to one or more biomes" so you're more than likely ok if you only wrote about one :)

Yea! haha what did the question say again i cant even remember now! :pac:

Not sure but I think it was like.
    Settlements
    Explain why functions develop here or something like that :S the exam papers isn't on the site even though maths is :S.

Guys, I wouldn't worry too much about question 18!
    If you did one biome you wouldnt loose an abundance of marks, in fact with the outrage u prob wont loose much..

If you mentioned two areas where the biome is found or different examples they prob be generous! dont worry!:)

how pacific will they be on the srps ur talkin about?? if it isnt really relelvent will u still get some marks?..like i wrote 3 i n half pages? :/

Not sure but I think it was like.
    Settlements
    Explain why functions develop here or something like that :S the exam papers isn't on the site even though maths is :S.

Oh was it explain the distribution??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Mani09

Did anyone else do the option question on climate change? I was delighted when I seen it. However, the overall paper was horrible . The questions were very specific :-( . Also what would have been a good answer for the question on sedimentary rocks and then something about how they can form metamorphic rocks??? Had my brain twisted :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Aidenryan wrote: »
    how pacific will they be on the srps ur talkin about?? if it isnt really relelvent will u still get some marks?..like i wrote 3 i n half pages? :/

what.

Oh was it explain the distribution??

I can't remember lol it might have I'm not sure :S.

• Advertisement

I can't remember lol it might have I'm not sure :S.

haha shows how much we pay attention!!

Advertisement