Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat's fur changing colour.

• 07-06-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I have a young black and white cat. Recently I've noticed that her black fur is starting to change to a rusty brown, subtly. She's healthy and eating, and has had vet check ups recently. Has anyone else experience this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Mo60

I used to have a cat that was completely black which sometimes changed to having brownish tones. So I think you will find this is completely natural and nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

cjohnson wrote: »
    I have a young black and white cat. Recently I've noticed that her black fur is starting to change to a rusty brown, subtly. She's healthy and eating, and has had vet check ups recently. Has anyone else experience this?

It could just be the summer coat. We used to have a cat who was black and white as well, but her fur under the black was bright white.
    After she had shed her winter coat, she'd look more grey and white than black and white.

Advertisement