Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bear Grylls - Surviving Donegal on now

Options
  • 07-06-2012 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭

If anyone is interested on discovery at the minute will be on +1 at 8pm.

Eating maggots from a dead seal, stuck in the bog and eating raw sheep hearts! Will someone get that man a pint.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If anyone is interested on discovery at the minute will be on +1 at 8pm.

Eating maggots from a dead seal, stuck in the bog and eating raw sheep hearts! Will someone get that man a pint.

Pint of what though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I that the one where he claimed to be "miles" away from civilisation, when in fact he was at the lake up above the sleive league carpark :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

That's the one homer! It's been on before then lol

Methinks, NIMAN, that you would serve him a pint of arsenic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah I'm not a fan of him tbh. Search YouTube to see some of his famous fakery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

It's a pretty good show and it's cool that he came to Ireland.

While it's not exactly the Himalayas or Nevada desert in terms of danger or isolation, people do die on Irish mountains; especially when they get caught out there after dark.

He has some gross survival techniques and with it being tv many scenes are false; but it's still more real, entertaining and even educational than 99.99999% of shows that market themselves as reality-tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

They should get him to queue to make a withdrawl from one of our banks. that would really push him to the limit! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

:rolleyes: He'd probably use some ingenuity and do something like use the atm or go when it's not so busy . . .

:rolleyes: He'd probably use some ingenuity and do something like use the atm or go when it's not so busy . . .

Jeeso i was only trying to crack a funny, but thing is it never seems to be not busy, anyway back on topic i love his shows ,im well aware they are staged but i still think they make for great entertainment, i think i watched the Donegal episode before,was that the one he skins a dead sheep for a coat??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

NIMAN wrote: »
    Pint of what though?

Piss apparently.

Anyone know if this was a new episode or if I could expect it to be repeated anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

I watching an episode one night where he claimed he was all alone in the jungle......next scene he was been filmed from a distance crossing a river. Who the hell was filming him if he was all alone!!!

• Advertisement

Anyone know if this was a new episode or if I could expect it to be repeated anytime soon?

It is a repeat and already has been shown on channel 4. Ive found the 1st ten minutes on youtube but the rest doesnt seem to be uploaded yet, should be easy enough to find the full episode online elsewhere though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheNightrain

A friend of mine, who is a member of the local Mountain Rescue Team in Glenties was called upon by the producers of the show to help as he had vast knowledge of the area. He was a fan of the show, until he seen the workings of it.
    Everything is fake. Staged.

The so called "Bog" that Bear got stuck in was actually dug with a mini digger and set up the day before filming started.
    The dead sheep was one that was sourced and paid for from a local farmer and put down humanly by a vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pphheerroonn

A "sheeping bag"! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭rubadubduba

Its a good show and we all know its fake but it beats soapville any fkn day.

Advertisement