Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHS to DVD service in Wexford

Options
  • 07-06-2012 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

My Da rang me today to ask if there was anywhere in Wexford town that provided this service but I couldn't remember if there was or not anyone any idea of a place that does this?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Your best bet is to try any of the Electrical retailer TV shops. Joyces or DID electric.
    I do know that Bridge Records in New Ross did/done VHS to DVD conversions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I have done this myself in the past.

Can't remember the exact config off the top of my head but it was something along the lines of:

VHS Player -> TV -> DVD Recorder

With a scart running between the VHS Player and DVD Recorder.

More talk here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055529485

TheChevron asked me to put his collection of <cough cough> movies onto DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

You actually don't need a TV in the equation. We just used it to verify that the VHS cassette was playing properly.

So basically you run a scart cable from your VHS (output) to DVD Recorder (input).

You play the VHS cassette and set your DVD recorder to record at the same time, taking it's input from the VHS player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Agree with JPB1974, I've done it many times. Of course if you don't have the equipment that's another story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Best done with a DVD recorder that has its own hard drive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement