Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I really hope that karma exists

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

pookiesboo wrote: »
    disgusting, cruelty, anyone that can do this to helpless animals, can do it to other animals also,
    lock up your pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I lived years up in Orkney. Wonderful seal sanctuary and they had the sign shot to pieces. And one day the beach was littered with dead seals found by children.

I watched over a baby once at the shore; made sure no one from the local salmon farm murdered it.

Was there not some similar atrocity off the Blaskets not too many years ago? Or the Skelligs? I was very new to Ireland then...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Unfortunately with so much bad news around us these days, you almost get a bit desensitized by all the atrocities - but I have to say when I read this I almost felt physically sick - I was so disgusted with it! I hear seperate animal welfare agencies are offering a combined €7000 reward to catch the offenders. I hope to God they are found and dealt with accordingly! Whatever their grievances about fish stocks or culling of seals, these despicable actions are not the way to deal with them!

I involved with the Seal rescue folk who were trying then to get govt funding for their new centre.. wrote letters to TDs etc and got replies. Lost touch with them later; but they need support and input as they can make a difference at times like this. Educating the kids is one way.
    The older generation on the island saw nothing wrong in killing seals. After all they had eaten selkie as youngsters. One such had an old dog they were very fond of so I told them that they ate dogs in China and saw nothing wrong in that but we wouldn't do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

I reckon tshirts like these would be a great seller in Dingle !

I%20Club%20Seals%20T-shirt%20Boys.jpg

Fungie would want to watch out, apparently he has been spotted eating fish too ...

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    The older generation on the island saw nothing wrong in killing seals

Have to say I know a few younger people on the "mainland" who see nothing wrong with killing seals. I'm not saying I agree at all. Just that some people do have this idea that they affect fish stocks and thus peoples livelihoods.

But don't know anyone who would think that displaying the severed heads is appropriate.

Have to say I know a few younger people on the "mainland" who see nothing wrong with killing seals. I'm not saying I agree at all. Just that some people do have this idea that they affect fish stocks and thus peoples livelihoods.

But don't know anyone who would think that displaying the severed heads is appropriate.

It is all illegal. No worse because the heads were displayed; just less easy for squeamish folk to ignore. Same as killing cats...Don't start me on the cat haters on boards!

Advertisement