Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engagement ring missing: Please help!!

Options
  • 07-06-2012 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

My friend just bought an engagement ring this evening and on his walk home he lost it in Galway. We have searched the place upside down along the route from shop street to the cathedral. We have reported it to the guards. I was wondering if anybody could suggest what else we could do? We will offer a reward for anyone who finds it and returns it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

ask the galway tweeters to spread the word?.. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056640325
    best of luck

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ElCharco

i will do...thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Send an email to Galway bay FM. They will announce it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Paddyfield wrote: »
    Send an email to Galway bay FM. They will announce it.

Good idea. I'd second this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Oh that's terrible. I hope he finds it.

My mum was just looking over the shoulder... she says "pray to St Anthony".

I couldn't let the thread pass without adding that novel advice.

• Advertisement

i tried emailing and it wouldn't work so i rang them and left a voice message...so hopefully

thanks were praying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

take a walk down that route early tomorrow morning before the street sweepers come. didnt get insurance by any chance?

ya thats the plan...i dont think he does unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭coleria

could also check the cash for gold, or cash converter places in the morning in case some opportunist got lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Get out and put up posters everywhere on his route home.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

The galway advertiser just posted it on facebook, hope you find it!

this is what the ring looked like...would really appreciate any help/information on it...as you can guess...the couple are very distressed about the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Gorgeous ring. I really hope that you'll have some luck.Maybe try and get it circulated on facebook too.

:(

Beautiful ring.

What colour box is it in OP? Was it in a bag also etc?

fell out of a paper bag due to the rain. it was in a plain white box.

...he did propose anyways without the ring and she said yes...it was the extremely heartbreaking when he told her...both are very upset that this milestone in their lives went horribly wrong...

So again just appealing to anyone that has any info or may know of the whereabouts to please help...it would make this young couple very happy to see the return of the ring and they would express their sincerest gratitude towards you for your assistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

ElCharco wrote: »
    ...he did propose anyways without the ring and she said yes..

Got engaged without the huge expense - that man is an evil genius! :p

So again just appealing to anyone that has any info or may know of the whereabouts to please help...it would make this young couple very happy to see the return of the ring and they would express their sincerest gratitude towards you for your assistance.

Aww I really hope it turns up :(

I wish I lived in Galway I'd go out and help look for it.

amdublin wrote: »
    Aww I really hope it turns up :(

I wish I lived in Galway I'd go out and help look for it.

Well sounds like it was lost in town, so doubt it would have lasted on the ground longer than an hour or two.

It's well gone by now anyway. Unless it was handed in somewhere within a day its a lost cause, I'd turn my attention to the Buy and Sell, Adverts and anywhere it could be sold on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Due North

Did you try the Police Station?maybe some honest soul handed it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Due North

My friend just bought an engagement ring this evening and on his walk home he lost it in Galway. We have searched the place upside down along the route from shop street to the cathedral. We have reported it to the guards. I was wondering if anybody could suggest what else we could do? We will offer a reward for anyone who finds it and returns it.

Any luck with the ring? Terrible thing to happen to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

Apologies for my cynicism/thoroughness, but ....are you certain he bought the ring and isn't a con-artist who's pretending he did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Did the box have the jewellers name on it? If it did, you can maybe go back and see if anyone dropped it in.

Advertisement