Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22-.250 Titan 3?

Options
  • 07-06-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi folks,

Looking for some sound advice. Here's the story - I'm looking to buy a rifle for fox hunting and I've sourced a second hand tikka lite .223 with moderator for £900. But I was also shown a new stainless steel barrel 22-250 Titan 3 with moderator for £1000. I'm new to the whole rifle scene and was looking for opinions on the Titan as the tikka is well known. Very little on the web about the Titan 3.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Have you spoken with your FO/Super about a .22-250 for foxing/vermin?
    Some will allow them and others won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Chesapeake

If your going to be shooting at them @ 350+ yards regularly, then pop for the 22-250 otherwise grab the 223 and enjoy an easier life.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrbrianj

Is Titan 3 made by rss?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Chesapeake

mrbrianj wrote: »
    Is Titan 3 made by rss?

Rws Yes........

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭De_Tomaso

Titan is made by Roessler in Austria and in my opinion it is one of the best rifles under 1000€ around. I have Howa 1500 Varmint .223 and Titan 6 Match .308. I also used Tikka T3 extensively and like the Titan most. The bolt on Titan is of the highest quality and the same stands for metal bedding in the stock. I would definitely take Titan over any Tikka.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I'd have a chat with your Firearms officer first if you have'nt had a rifle licence before as your thinking about getting a centerfire, alot of the time they prefer if you get a rimfire first.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 peter65

Cheers lads,
    I'm up north here and there's no issues with getting the licence. I'm leaning towards a .22-250 as it'll allow me to shoot small deer back home down south. Up here up to .250 can be used for vermin as long as you have enough ground. My prices are in sterling, are they abit steep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

In that case go for the .22-250 and you won't look back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

The Tikka looks a bit dear to be honest.

Advertisement