Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seriously Mick, Seriously!

• 07-06-2012 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

Now I know the whole debate on how our Independent TDs presented them self in the Dail was done to death, and its not how they dress, but what they do that counts, etc etc etc. But Mick took it to a new low on RTE tonight.

I kinda thought it was funny at first, these TDs dressing how they feel, but at a time when now Mick Wallace is trying to defend him self, and possibly his future as a TD, now is the time to really try to get people to take him seriously, so what does he do, he goes on the national broadcaster, on prime time news, wearing, a pair of jeans, a scuffy green tee shirt, and unshaved.

At least if he had his usual pink or yellow shirt I might have at least listened to a bit of what he said, but in that get up, all I could do was think, WTF.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

irish-stew wrote: »
    Now I know the whole debate on how our Independent TDs presented them self in the Dail was done to death, and its not how they dress, but what they do that counts, etc etc etc. But Mick took it to a new low on RTE tonight.

I kinda thought it was funny at first, these TDs dressing how they feel, but at a time when now Mick Wallace is trying to defend him self, and possibly his future as a TD, now is the time to really try to get people to take him seriously, so what does he do, he goes on the national broadcaster, on prime time news, wearing, a pair of jeans, a scuffy green tee shirt, and unshaved.

At least if he had his usual pink or yellow shirt I might have at least listened to a bit of what he said, but in that get up, all I could do was think, WTF.

He's taking the mickey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Give the guy a break, he buys his clothes from oxfam now.

Varied wrote: »
    Give the guy a break, he buys his clothes from oxfam now.

Does he get them tax free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

irish-stew wrote: »

This has bothered me about him too. He's an elected representative of the country and probably on about 70-80k a year but looks like a filthy ****. A haircut and some decent clothes shouldn't be too much to ask surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Rory Gallagher Band roadie look is soooooooooo passé!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Never trust a man in a suit!

I respect him more for his "I dont give a ****" attitude to what people think of his appearance.

He also has a nice ladybird ear ring, brings him luck I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Donning the green Tee-shirt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

he's a shabby politician so he dresses accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Well, Status Quo maintained a successful career out of those clothes/hair over the last 45 years......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

he's a disaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Rango555

Only two things ever came from wexford.... and he is no strawberry....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

DB10 wrote: »

I respect him more for his "I dont give a ****" attitude to what people think of his appearance.

Equally though someone who is in national office, and is on the national broadcaster defending his actions, should dress accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Yeah... you wouldn't see the likes of Ray Burke or Charlie Haughey or Bertie Ahern in such a 'get up'... honest to God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

He tried to save his business, which employed a lot of people, who paid a lot of tax on their earnings.

DB21 wrote: »
    Equally though someone who is in national office, and is on the national broadcaster defending his actions, should dress accordingly.

At the same time, I thinks its kind of funny. The whole interview was hilarious really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Seriously???

Here Mick ! try this on

BornToKill wrote: »
    Seriously???

Yeah as far as I'm aware he nearly always wears it. Its his lucky ear ring.

Dont ask me how I know this....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

So wearing a suit makes you less of a cnut when you're robbing people? Liam Lawlor was a great man by this logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

I like the fact he doesnt wear a suit.

I liked the guy and tbh I think he is a valuable addition to the Dail and makes some very worthwhile contributions, especially on building related things.

But tax fiddling ain't on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

So you respect Mick Wallace eh? Good luck with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Kurz wrote: »
    So wearing a suit makes you less of a cnut when you're robbing people? Liam Lawlor was a great man by this logic.

There are people on less than 22k a year that have to wear business casual at the very least. This guy is on nearly 4 times that and is swanning around looking like he just crawled out of a ditch. It's simply not on.

galwayrush wrote: »
    He tried to save his business, which employed a lot of people, who paid a lot of tax on their earnings.

I'm guessing you are taking the p1ss here with that statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

he is a valuable addition to the Dail and makes some very worthwhile contributions, especially on building related things.

He hasn't a fucking clue about anything building related - apart from how to lose a shitload of someone else's money on building stuff that no-one wants.

I've no idea how he got voted into the Dail. I understand the backlash in the last against the usual political parties, but how a failed property developer managed to swing a seat is beyond me.

And now he's a tax cheat. Whoop-de-fucking doo.

The only thing different about him any any other back-handed scumbag politician is that he looks like a tramp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I like the fact he doesnt wear a suit.

I liked the guy and tbh I think he is a valuable addition to the Dail and makes some very worthwhile contributions, especially on building related things.

But tax fiddling ain't on

At least if he went on to RTE in a smart shirt and trousers he might have at least looked credible, but he looked like he just came from the pub, or a last choice stand in to fill a slot.

Yes he is interesting to hear in the Dail, but still think at this moment in his career he needs to make a bit of an effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

He should resign. And should probably be prosecuted too.

The best one of all was that when the country was up sh1t creek (and still is), he was in the Dail asking for two weeks holidays to go watch the footie.

Seems like he is going anyway to the Euros eitherways.

Man of the people, my arse. Going to Poland on the people's money more like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'm guessing you are taking the p1ss here with that statement.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

He hasn't a fucking clue about anything building related - apart from how to lose a shitload of someone else's money on building stuff that no-one wants.

I've no idea how he got voted into the Dail. I understand the backlash in the last against the usual political parties, but how a failed property developer managed to swing a seat is beyond me.

And now he's a tax cheat. Whoop-de-fucking doo.

The only thing different about him any any other back-handed scumbag politician is that he looks like a tramp.
    I'm sad in that I read debates/watch them.

Generally I find his contributions useful, especially on protecting contractors etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

DarkJager wrote: »
    This has bothered me about him too. He's an elected representative of the country and probably on about 70-80k a year but looks like a filthy ****. A haircut and some decent clothes shouldn't be too much to ask surely?

He ran in the election in clothes pretty much as he wears in the Dail, so I don't really see a huge problem. In addition to this, what does it matter what he wears? Plenty of crooks in the Dail that wore suits.
    galwayrush wrote: »

Not sure if you're joking there, but wasn't he found guilty for not paying overtime and/or pensions for his workers? I doubt he really cares a huge deal for them, as long as they get the profits in for him. And if that's his attitude, what do you really think was his motivation for not paying the right amount of tax?

Kurz wrote: »

He didn't go to jail either. Except for the token few days for contempt of court. But his corrupt mate George Redmond did. And then they quashed it !

But you and I would go to jail. No doubt about that.
    Plenty of harsh punishments are handed out to the ordinary citizen for tax evasion.

And so it continues. We shouldn't be surprised.

I used to be fond of this country and disliked Bob Geldof for how he described us.

Now its the other way round.

Anyways, Mick. Go and wear your Worzel Gummidge oufits if you think its cool or whatever. I couldn't give a toss about you or any other poilitician in this country anymore. Time to look after number one. You all do. My hope is to save enough money to leave someday and its coming.

Pal wrote: »
    Anyways, Mick. Go and wear your Worzel Gummidge oufits if you think its cool or whatever. I couldn't give a toss about you or any other poilitician in this country anymore. Time to look after number one. You all do. My hope is to save enough money to leave someday and its coming.

I on the other hand do give a sh1te about our politicians, because they are fcuking about with our money.

It's politicians not doing their jobs, and lots of other politicians looking after number one that got us in this trouble in the first place.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I on the other hand do give a sh1te about our politicians, because they are fcuking about with our money.

It's politicians not doing their jobs, and lots of other politicians looking after number one that got us in this trouble in the first place.

I'm on the verge of calling for a general election, nothing has changed since the last one:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

One thread about Senor Wallace is enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement