Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is a better drink deal?

Options
  • 07-06-2012 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

My father and I are debating as to which is a more attractive deal. He wants 2 sell pitchers(4 pints in a jug) of any beer for €14 whereas I think he should jus make all pints €3.50 during the match. We're not usually a sports bar but have recently invested in a 100 inch tv and hd and are anxious to draw a crowd over the euros.. All opinions/advice is much appreciated..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Free drink would be the best deal

AND the place would be packed, guarenteed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

What's a sell pitcher?

NINJA EDIT: I realised just as I posted that "2" meant "to" in the OP.

My post was actually born from genuine curiosity/confusion, not Grammar Nazism.

NON-NINJA, REGULAR EDIT: I changed "two" to "to."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

Give a free pint to all every time Ireland score....you will rake them in;)

A pitcher for 14 euro is fairly steep imo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

My father and I are debating as to which is a more attractive deal. He wants 2 sell pitchers(4 pints in a jug) of any beer for €14 whereas I think he should jus make all pints €3.50 during the match. We're not usually a sports bar but have recently invested in a 100 inch tv and hd and are anxious to draw a crowd over the euros.. All opinions/advice is much appreciated..

most bars sell pitchers for €10

€14 is a bit steep... also you only get 3 pints in a pitcher

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

What's a sell pitcher?

Baseball term.

Basically it means to fool the pitcher into thinking you are doing something else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Same price, but it's likely that pitchers will be spilled so you'll sell more;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Pitchers are normally two and a half pints. These bigger than normal! Why don't you do both?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

€3.50 a pint all the way.

Pitchers are not to everyones fancy.

Plenty of lads on their own or in twos or in groups drinking different stuff and don't want what the other fella is having.

Guinness in a pitcher looks and feels wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Sell the pitchers for €3.50 and the pints for €14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Pitcher for a tenner.

Why don't the publican's in this country finally catch themselves on and realise:

Its better to make a small profit, on a LARGE number of patrons, than it is to gouge the shíte out of a few lads they manage to entice over the door?

Incidentally, you Gety a large number of folk through your doors, them folk will be spending more on just 'cheap beer'. Get them in, that's half the battle won.
    They're gonna be telling all their mates about the great value pitchers in your pub too btw.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

I think I'd rather your deal, I mean theres no price difference so I'd rather not have to splash out on the jug thing . Although I've never seen it.

Local pubs are doing free pints when Ireland score. You might as well throw that in, and maybe for a few of the other ****e teams as well.

Ireland score **** all goals so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

€3.00 per pint until the first goal is scored :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'd say the €3.50 one cos then people can drink at their own pace. Also, pints in pitchers go dead and get spilled easier. Matches being on worknights won't help too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Send me samples of everything and I'll get back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Dave0301

I'd prefer €3.50 pints, the pitcher deal might not appeal to someone watching it alone or only two people.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I would like a single plum floating in perfume and served in a man's hat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I would like a single plum floating in perfume and served in a man's hat

Tip my hat to that idea mutha funka ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Go €3.50 pints, its more obvious to a customer that they are making a saving, also not everyone likes pitchers.

Edit: also, you'd be better off if you asked a mod to move this to Beers, Wines and Spirits forum

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

pints a 3.50 id say, handier when your on your own. You'd want to be throwin them back quick enough with a pitcher

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

100 inch TV is a bit pricey is it not, if its just for the Euros?

• Advertisement

DB10 wrote: »
    100 inch TV is a bit pricey is it not, if its just for the Euros?

I'm sure sports aren't going to end completely once Euro 2012 is over ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

3.50 does sound better than the pitcher. But what about 3 pints for a tenner.

Kxiii wrote: »

I think €3.50 is a good deal, 3 pints for €10 and he makes 51c less, he's trying to draw customers and make a decent profit

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭IrishJack89

Cheers 4 the feedback guys. Pitchers can vary in size between 45-64 oz. He wants to do the pitcher so he can sell more in one go and would be willing to keep it going everyday whereas the 3.50 pints he is only willing to do during the match. We're giving away free shots for every goal ireland score btw..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

3.50 pints and offer 4 pint pitchers slightly cheaper than buying 4 pints separate, say @ 13 euro.

Cheers 4 the feedback guys. Pitchers can vary in size between 45-64 oz. He wants to do the pitcher so he can sell more in one go and would be willing to keep it going everyday whereas the 3.50 pints he is only willing to do during the match. We're giving away free shots for every goal ireland score btw..

A few things to bear in mind if you expect to be busy:
    You need to buy pitchers, if you are busy it'll be a nightmare to wash pitchers as well as glasses, if you are busy how do you explain to customers that they will have to pay full price for a drink because you have run out of pitchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭IrishJack89

3 pints for 10 could work but how could ya work it? Would people have to buy 3 in one go or would you give them tokens?

3 pints for 10 could work but how could ya work it? Would people have to buy 3 in one go or would you give them tokens?

I'd do 3 at a time, they wouldn't have to be the same thing. You could do €3.50 pints and 3 for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Kxiii wrote: »

+1 on this, most pubs around me are doing this for months now. My local lets you pay for the 3 pints at once and you can either take all 3 at once or take one and get 2 tokens so you can get your other 2 when you want.

There is 2 real benefits to it, people always buy their pints in 3s so they end up drinking more. The other benefit for them is when people have paid for their pints and gotten tokens there will be a certain amount of people who forget about their tokens/loose them etc so there will always end up being more pints paid for than being pulled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Ghandee wrote: »
    Pitcher for a tenner.

Why don't the publican's in this country finally catch themselves on and realise:

Its better to make a small profit, on a LARGE number of patrons, than it is to gouge the shíte out of a few lads they manage to entice over the door?

Incidentally, you Gety a large number of folk through your doors, them folk will be spending more on just 'cheap beer'. Get them in, that's half the battle won.
    They're gonna be telling all their mates about the great value pitchers in your pub too btw.

You typed this using Touchpal (or Swifkey) didn't you? ;)

Happens to me all the time too :mad:

Advertisement