Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Screen Not Working Properly

• 07-06-2012 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭

Evening all.

I bought a new screen for my iphone 4 today, and spent most of this evening swapping out my old knackered one for the shiney new one.Everything went grand, and the phone turned back on no problems.
    Bt what I've noticed is there's a strip maybe 1cm wide running from top to bottom down the lefthand side of the screen where it's completely unresponsive. None of the icons respond to tapping, letter when typing don't respond, etc.
    Could there be something that I've done that would be causing this? I'd have thought that it'd be the case that the screen would either work or it wouldn't if I didn't connect it right, and the fact that this is happening must mean there's a problem with the screen.

Any suggestions? I'd like another opinion before ringing the shopo tomorrow.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭homer.j

I'm no expert on the changing of screens but when you say a left hand strip is unresponsive, are the rest of the apps responding as they should.

Is the slide to unlock functioning okay.

If so this may be a problem with the digitizer being faulty, the only way of figuring this out if you are willing to try it is to put back the old one again.

If it works okay its back to the seller with it for a replacement.

If the whole screen is unresponsive is there a cable not seated correctly.

After these two things i'm clean out of ideas i'm afraid, someone else may come along with other ideas to what the problem may be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, the rest of the screen is working perfectly. It's just the leftmost icons are unresponsive. As for the unlock slider, the leftmost side of that is unresponsive too but as you swipe your finger, the rightmost side of the "button" engages and you can slide.
    Tis really weird. Like I said, if it was something I did I'd imagine the screen wouldnt work at all. But the fact that 80% of the screen is perfect leads me to believe its the screen at fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Either faulty screen or a bit of dust on the contacts of the connection.
    It would be fairly common for a faulty screen 1 in 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

Just to put a nail in this thread's coffin, I opened up the phone again this morning and there was a tiny little kink in the digitizer cable. So I straightened that a little bit, put everything back together, and she's working perfectly now again!:D

Thanks for the help guys.

Advertisement