Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent injured duck, who do I call

• 07-06-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

My friend has found what she thinks is an injured duck in her garden, she said he is trying to get up but can't. We live in the limerck/south tipp area what can we do or who can we call, she doesn't want to go near it as she has little experience with animals and I am not in a position to take it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

If the nearest vet cant/wont help ill PM you the only organisation i can think of offhand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

If you google irish wildlife matters then you should be able to find someone on that site. to help you. Sorry I can't post a direct link, am on my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Most town counties have a wildlife rescue. I see there is an organisation called cottage rescue in cashel. No clue if this is near you but if you ring (details on their website) im sure they will point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I tried ringing a vet, he said that I would have to bring it to the surgery and I have no way of doing that. I feel quite bad about ringing people this late at night, I just don't know what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

what about the local chinese restaurant,............only jokeing,lol.best of luck with the poor thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Kildare animal foundations wildlife unit they're on facebook

Advertisement