Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cars taken from fisherys board staff

Options
  • 07-06-2012 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

rang a fishery board member from the suck,ballinasloe the other day. he explained that the car he had was taken off him by his superiors as part of cost cutting measures,etc, and couldnt respond to my call as soon as usual, as he was pooling it with staff from other grades, eg development workers and had to wait for them to finish with it.

he always responded rapidly before this. he also explained that his work area has doubled in recent weeks.

Surely the fisherys board wouldnt take the cars off the few staff they have in the suck area while at the same time making them work in other areas.they are already stretched..

looks like a poaching free for all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

The fact your advertising theres no law in a certain part of the country on my local river does not help.

4 weeks ago was home and saw 2 young lads 14 15 roaring and shouting at something in a tribuatry or the suck just as it flows into the main river.

They were throwing sticks too when i got closer they got very quiet and i see a swan with 7 small cygnets swimming off.

Roared at them what the f cuk are you doing they denied any wrong doing,
    told them any more of that shtye and they would be joining the swans in the river gobshytes.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jkchambers

I know that 2 IFI staff members based on the Suck recently retired John Ryan and John Killilea. The Irish Federation of Pike Angling Clubs invited them along to a recent presentation dinner we held in Ballinasloe and thanked both them for their many years of dedicated service. I am surprised that a staff car was taken back from a current member of staff. I will make a few calls on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Well down in Kerry and Cork I seem to be seeing the same amount of IFI cars around the place and I believe their jetski was out locally recently as well.

It's a shame for the OP, hopefully the decision is reversed. perhaps getting clubs to lobby the local TDs may make some headway. I suppose when everything from nurses, Gardai, teachers is being cut, fisheries protection is going to be a long way down the Germans list :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Never mind the dig at the Germans. Many Irish would consider Fisheries well down the line when faced with cuts in Education, Health, Safety, Policing, Welfare, Child Protection, Transport etc. And, you know, they are probably right in the grand scheme of things, as it stands at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pollagh prince

yes, it is down the list on the grand scheme of things...on a more postitive note, good luck Ireland in Euro2012

• Advertisement
Advertisement