Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build

Options
  • 07-06-2012 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

My friend has built his own gaming rig and wonder what you think of it
    8Gb at 1333Mhz Ram,
    500Gb Hardrive at 7200 Rpm
    Two 1Gb Radion HD5770 in crossfire,
    Intel i5-3450 3.1Ghz CPU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Alright, although there's always the story of how much the components were or if he bought a good PSU. Should be powerful enough for its job but were the 5770s recycled? It would be unusual to buy them new 5770s at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭conorhickey

Monotype wrote: »
    Alright, although there's always the story of how much the components were or if he bought a good PSU. Should be powerful enough for its job but were the 5770s recycled? It would be unusual to buy them new 5770s at this stage.

Yeh recycled gpu and hard drive, was asking cause he told me build cost was 450 before he told me that the gpu's and harddrive where recycled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Decent SSD's like the 128GB M4 can be got for just over 100 these days, that should be his next investment-assuming the PSU's decent.

Advertisement