Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony S tablet scratch

Options
  • 07-06-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Sony s tablet has very light scratch but is very noticable. Is there any way of removing the scratch. A friend said toothpaste but im not sure.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

see here
    from android forum,

I too was sooo gutted when I badly scratched my week old Galaxy 5 with fairly deep scratches. I've seen people suggesting toothpaste and it may work, but I think it may take a long time.

Somebody else suggested using jewellers rouge and since I had Paris red wax in the house I thought I'd give it a try and well... success!!
    Apparently it has got cerium in it as the active abrasive. I've used a small hobby hand drill with a small buffing tool set to fairly low rev's. As long as you don't press too hard and keep the buffing direction perpendicular to the scratches they will dissapear after a while. It still took me an hour or so of careful buffing. So no 'magic' I'm afraid but hard work It's not absolutely perfect, but the scratches are definitely not so obvious anymore and I am actually very pleased with the result.

fix using tootpaste, non gel
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4811592_repair-scratched-glass.html

Drag your fingernail across the surface with the scratch. If your nail catches on the groove, the scratch is most likely too deep to repair at home.

be careful, i never tried this ,i,m just quoting a web page.
    quote,

or just put on a good screen protector. It doesn't get rid of the scratch, but the stuff that lets it stick to the screen fills in the scratch and you can't see it anymore...so you're no longer annoyed by it.
    endquote

just be real careful, you dont wanna go to deep, and damage the screen touch surface,
    if it uses a capacitive type screen,

in my experience its better to get someone in shop,to put on screen protector,
    as its hard to get it on right,without a bubble appearing in it.
    make sure glass is clean first before putting it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭toyotamr4red

riclad wrote: »
    see here
    from android forum,

I too was sooo gutted when I badly scratched my week old Galaxy 5 with fairly deep scratches. I've seen people suggesting toothpaste and it may work, but I think it may take a long time.

Somebody else suggested using jewellers rouge and since I had Paris red wax in the house I thought I'd give it a try and well... success!!
    Apparently it has got cerium in it as the active abrasive. I've used a small hobby hand drill with a small buffing tool set to fairly low rev's. As long as you don't press too hard and keep the buffing direction perpendicular to the scratches they will dissapear after a while. It still took me an hour or so of careful buffing. So no 'magic' I'm afraid but hard work It's not absolutely perfect, but the scratches are definitely not so obvious anymore and I am actually very pleased with the result.

fix using tootpaste, non gel
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4811592_repair-scratched-glass.html

Drag your fingernail across the surface with the scratch. If your nail catches on the groove, the scratch is most likely too deep to repair at home.

be careful, i never tried this ,i,m just quoting a web page.
    quote,

or just put on a good screen protector. It doesn't get rid of the scratch, but the stuff that lets it stick to the screen fills in the scratch and you can't see it anymore...so you're no longer annoyed by it.
    endquote

just be real careful, you dont wanna go to deep, and damage the screen touch surface,
    if it uses a capacitive type screen,

in my experience its better to get someone in shop,to put on screen protector,
    as its hard to get it on right,without a bubble appearing in it.
    make sure glass is clean first before putting it on.

Thanks man. Appreciate the post :)

Advertisement