Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am a repeater, I have a few questions

• 07-06-2012 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭

Say I fail a subject, can I take the result of last years LC? If I do worse in a subject than last year, does it use last years result instead? What are my "rights" as a repeater?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

You can use your previous/new grades as entry requirements but your points can only be calculated from one year.

Eg. You fail English this year... You don't get the points for it, however your pass from English last year will be enough to get you your college course provided you have the points.

Hope this makes sense. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Say I fail a subject, can I take the result of last years LC? If I do worse in a subject than last year, does it use last years result instead? What are my "rights" as a repeater?

The total points must come from one year, but entry requirements can come from different sittings, except in the case of entry to medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

The total points must come from one year, but entry requirements can come from different sittings, except in the case of entry to medicine.

So much more concise and clear than mine. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

So basically if I fail 2 subjects yet still get the points then I get course? gotcha! thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

So basically if I fail 2 subjects yet still get the points then I get course? gotcha! thank you :)

Only if you have passed the subjects you require at the level you require in a previous year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

GarIT wrote: »

Only if you have passed the subjects you require at the level you require in a previous year.
    Yes I know that's what I meant, they'd hardly let me in with two fails just cause I repeated! :P

Advertisement