Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers - Battle Born

Options
  • 07-06-2012 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭

New album is entitled 'Battle Born'

Songs confirmed so far are "Heart of a Girl," "Flesh and Bone," "Carry Me Home," and "Runaways."

Link to the album trailer.

I love the Killers so I'm really excited for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Really hoping for a more rockier sound with this record.

The lads previously suggested there will be a lot more guitars on the album, so it could happen yet:D.

I like the Killers, but I only really loved their first album, everything since then, including Flower's solo material has been boring.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

I am a big fan of the killers too.. so well excited to hear this album!

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

I hadn't even heard they were realizing a new album! Well excited!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

First song leaked.

Runaways

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

Not impressed with it. I was hoping for a more rock-based approach rather than the generic, bland stylings of Flower's solo album. Still, the rest of the album could be different. Apparently this song was written before the other material on Battle Borne.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭bren2001

I enjoyed the song. Builds towards the end. Wouldn't sound out of place on Flamingo. Hope the album doesn't sound too similar though. Solid start.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭T.C.O.B

Let's hope they harp back to Sam's Town, thought is was a grossly underrated album. Pity the album won't be out before the Picnic, won't like to get my teeth into it before seeing them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Cant be any worse than Day & Age.

TaosHum wrote: »

Probably my favourite album so....yeah....it could be a lot worse imo. Some very good songs on Day and Age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 DeadbeatDancer

TaosHum wrote: »

D&A is a fantastic album. I really don't get why people are always bashing it! Lyrically, it's their best so far. A Dustland Fairytale is up there as one of their best songs.

As a huge TK fan, I really wish that people would stop comparing every single thing that they do to Hot Fuss!! Yes, it was an unbelievable album, but c'mon, why would a band want to regurgitate the same stuff with every album release?! That's why I love 'em so much! Constantly evolving with each new album.

Battle Born is going to be a mixture of the best parts of all three studio albums. And Brandon's songwriting has developed immensely since Hot Fuss. They said that they wrote songs with the audience and live performances in mind.

Runaways is epic once it kicks into life at around the 2 minute mark and I can't wait to hear it at V next month and then EP two weeks later!! I'm gonna be singing it at the top of my lungs!!

Roll on the Battle Born Tour!! :)

It's exciting times right now in my Killersland!! :D

D&A is a fantastic album. I really don't get why people are always bashing it! Lyrically, it's their best so far. A Dustland Fairytale is up there as one of their best songs.

As a huge TK fan, I really wish that people would stop comparing every single thing that they do to Hot Fuss!! Yes, it was an unbelievable album, but c'mon, why would a band want to regurgitate the same stuff with every album release?! That's why I love 'em so much! Constantly evolving with each new album.

Battle Born is going to be a mixture of the best parts of all three studio albums. And Brandon's songwriting has developed immensely since Hot Fuss. They said that they wrote songs with the audience and live performances in mind.

Runaways is epic once it kicks into life at around the 2 minute mark and I can't wait to hear it at V next month and then EP two weeks later!! I'm gonna be singing it at the top of my lungs!!

Roll on the Battle Born Tour!! :)

It's exciting times right now in my Killersland!! :D

Lyrically it was an awful album with the standout exception of A Dustland Fairytale. Human, Spaceman, This is your Life, Crippling Blow, Neon Tiger, World We Live In are lyrically shockingly bad. Lyrics have never been the strong point of the Killers.

People will always refer to what made the band big. If you offered me another Hot Fuss I'd bite your hand off. The only reason Mr. Brightside, Jenny or All These Things Ive Done are not my favorite songs or my favorite album is because I hear it too much.

Based on this one song you'd have to say Battle Born will be a cross between Big Talk and Flamingo but of course you can't judge it on one song. I look forward to hearing it but I don't know what to expect after a 4 year break since their last album and the fact they have gone solo. I'm assuming the album will sound very little like the previous 3 (and a half :pac:).

I was looking forward to V for the past few weeks but with the release of the song I cannot wait to go through the 6 am ritual from Dublin on the 17th. Roll on V.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

They are still around? Jesus.

• Site Banned Posts: 152 ✭✭CUPimus

I'm a big Killers fan and from what I've heard of the new album, sounds like another great one!

Anyone else here heading to the warm-up in Leeds on Friday?...can't wait!...should be epic!!...seeing the boys twice in the one weekend!...WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Anyone else here heading to the warm-up in Leeds on Friday?...can't wait!...should be epic!!...seeing the boys twice in the one weekend!...WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Ill see you at V, had enough hassle trying to convince people to go that far, wasn't going to try V. Time number 6 to see them....really need to get out more....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

I used to be a singer like you, but then I took an arrow in the knee...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Just listened to the album, very disappointing :(

bren2001 wrote: »
    Ill see you at V, had enough hassle trying to convince one person to go that far, wasn't going to try V. Time number 6 to see them....really need to get out more....

FYP ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,879 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Not keen on the current lead single Runaways myself

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭theavenger

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Not keen on the current lead single Runaways myself

Couldnt disagree more, like the album it's a grower. Fantastic stuff

I'm absolutely in love!!...it is a grower of an album, definitely!...but after about 300 spins, I think it's actually knocked Sam's Town off my #1 spot!...never thought I'd say that!!! :O

Be Still is absolutely beautiful!!!...gorgeous song!!

I'm absolutely in love!!...it is a grower of an album, definitely!...but after about 300 spins, I think it's actually knocked Sam's Town off my #1 spot!...never thought I'd say that!!! :O

Be Still is absolutely beautiful!!!...gorgeous song!!

Do ye not think the album sounds like a cross between U2 and Springsteen tribute acts, with a mix of 80's arcade gaming theme songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

They are still around? Jesus.

Yeah so are Queen apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hankfitz

I had to review the single 'Runaways' and I gave it high enough praise. But then when I got around to hearing the album I realised that every song was almost identical.

The Killers have fallen into a serious slump of form

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Just had a listen to the album and wasn't impressed.

It had its moments, but I just felt it was too much similar to The Killers' previous material, I don't feel based on this album that they are evolving at all.

Granted they probably will never make an album better than Hot Fuss, but my expectations were higher than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

After a few listens it’s grown on me but I have to say it’s hard work at times. The hooks are there but you have to search for them. There are good songs and a couple of great ones. I think after track 3 there is a low point with 3 maybe 4 bland songs in a row. It lifts a little after that but the album as a whole the album never really gets off the ground.

After a 4 year wait the new Killers album has an episodic feel. Battle Born could have done with a lot more Battle. There has been comparisons made to Sam’s Town but I just hear a low rent Day And Age, mixed with some Flamingo. D&A had some low points too but it’s high points were fuckin’ high. I hope after BB that they get back to the great song writing and it feels more like a band effort rather than Brandon Flowers solo project.

So far the rankings are:

1. Sam’s Town
    2. Hot Fuss
    3. Day & Age

4. Battle Born

fluke wrote: »
    After a few listens it’s grown on me but I have to say it’s hard work at times. The hooks are there but you have to search for them. There are good songs and a couple of great ones. I think after track 3 there is a low point with 3 maybe 4 bland songs in a row. It lifts a little after that but the album as a whole the album never really gets off the ground.

After a 4 year wait the new Killers album has an episodic feel. Battle Born could have done with a lot more Battle. There has been comparisons made to Sam’s Town but I just hear a low rent Day And Age, mixed with some Flamingo. D&A had some low points too but it’s high points were fuckin’ high. I hope after BB that they get back to the great song writing and it feels more like a band effort rather than Brandon Flowers solo project.

So far the rankings are:

1. Sam’s Town
    2. Hot Fuss
    3. Day & Age

4. Battle Born

Agree with everything said here

Also: "Reasons for editing: For Reasons Unknown"
    Genius! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Listened to it 4 times now and dont like it at all, very very average.

Advertisement