Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

why oh why does my husband put his maggots in our fridge

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

*off to Google ragworm*

Not too bad...just the disgusting faces/heads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

syndeyfife wrote: »
    *off to Google ragworm*

Dooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnn't. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

nummnutts wrote: »
    syndeyfife wrote: »
    *off to Google ragworm*

Dooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnn't. :eek:

Not bad at all, wouldn't want them in my fridge though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Why oh why did you marry a guy who puts maggots in the fridge? Would his friend who keeps rats in the breadbin not call you back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The "t" key is right beside the "r" key on a QWERTY keyboard. I think it's safe to assume that the OP meant "our fridge".
    Title amended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

I dread to think how long they've been in there if they have turned into bluebottles. That takes about 3 weeks at the ideal temp. Your fridge isn't cold enough regardless of the maggots.

So he keeps the in a container, but the lid was loose, so some got out.
    He tell me they cant crawl up, as they just squirm along.
    Some crawled into the rubber on the door, and we were sure we scrubbed it.
    but i must have missed out on 5, and that was a few weeks ago.
    Oh AND MAYBE I NEED TO TURN MY FRIDGE UP TOO.
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

AH answer: Ride his best mate.

Otherwise..I dunno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

As a fisherman myself who uses maggots all the time I think you should shut the hell up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

If you sent him fishing more often the maggots wouldn't be around long enough to turn into bluebottles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Mini fridge for maggots and beer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

Totally disgusting! You should put them in his dinner to teach him a lesson. Reminds me of that bit in The Lost Boys: "Maggots, Michael. You're eating maggots." ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

dollyk wrote: »
    why oh why does my husband put his maggots in our fridge

To keep them cold. Why else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Elvis_Presley

just do it you won't eat it by mistake , reminds me of a fella my da worked with in a garage who kept on getting his maltesers stolen ( loved his sweets) anyway he got sick of this and did something about it, left his maltesers in his in his tool box as usual , went back an hour later and they were gone , lunch time came an the staff were all around the lunch table and he said something like , " now boys just so yiz know i had those maltesers wedged between my arse so whoever ate them i hope they were nice , revenge is sweet <evil laugh>

You're misreading me - it's not that I'll forgot about the maggots, I don't give a sh*t when I'm drunk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Make him a sandwich WITH the maggots and bluebottles and half maggotbottles then tell him you done it 'cos you love him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

dollyk wrote: »
    woke up this morning to bluebottles in my fridge.
    wtf why cant he throw out the maggots when hes finished fishing.
    They are not that expensive.
    what do they be thinking , saving a few euro.
    Had to throw out all the stuff in fridge because eggs might be there
    men what are you thinking uggh:mad:

I reckon most of us are thinking that your husband is a bit of a retard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Jenroche wrote: »
    Totally disgusting! You should put them in his dinner to teach him a lesson. Reminds me of that bit in The Lost Boys: "Maggots, Michael. You're eating maggots." ;)

As with most insects and their larvae, maggots are mostly protein and a good source of it. While you would have to consume a large number of them, they are quite nutritious. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I dunno, I was just thinking that I know it's a recession and all but surely Tesco do an Extra Value version of tupperware?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Maggots are very useful for things like eating dead tissue from wounds on humans and animals. They may be dirty, they may not, depending on where they are/have been. People really shouldn't assume that anything but humans are automatically filthy and disease ridden. Sure, 100 years ago you wouldn't have had a fridge, and all sorts would be all up in your food area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I used to keep my maggots in the fridge til they got out one day. My mother went ape sh!t.

Then I got a new container and swore to her they wouldn't get out of the proper sealed on. They got out. My mother went ape sh!t.

Then I got a secondhand fridge. Problem solved. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Sleepy wrote: »
    I dunno, I was just thinking that I know it's a recession and all but surely Tesco do an Extra Value version of tupperware?

This whole thread reminds me of Arrested Development.

Which is no bad thing I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Thats pretty disgusting OP. Did your husband try to worm his way out of it?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Courtship is for discovering his hidden ways .Girl you test him out in every situation and make notes particularly watch how he treats others especially his own BECAUSE that's how he will treat you !!!!! ........and you better believe it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I was thinking the fridge must not be that cold. Also great protein. Some fishermen pop the maggots into their mouth to warm them up and make them wriggley on a frosty morning.
    Handy little fellers

:)

You're welcome. :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

RIP Stupi

Advertisement