Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastest way to post a letter

Options
  • 08-06-2012 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Sorry I couldn't find a more relevant forum to post this in. I am wondering what is the fastest way to send a standard letter in Ireland, I have been told swift post but I can't find prices any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

express post - €5.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

justryan wrote: »
    Sorry I couldn't find a more relevant forum to post this in. I am wondering what is the fastest way to send a standard letter in Ireland, I have been told swift post but I can't find prices any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    The quickest way is to know the times of collections in your local post office and get your letter into the post box there or your local postbox as early as you can, it will then travel to the sorting depot instead of sitting in a postbox all day or overnight and should be delivered to the addresee the very next day except in exceptional circumstances. If you miss the 4pm/5pm/evening collection in a rural postbox there may not be another collection until lunchtime the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

any of these swiftpost/express post/ registered post are only worth it for high value items, or very important documents.
    for a standard letter, about 90% of letters get there the next day with a standard 55c stamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

If it absolutely must get to it's destination asap :

Taxi
    Drive yourself
    Courier
    An Post [with all advice mentioned above]

How much are you willing to pay for "fast"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I have been told swift post but I can't find prices any help would be appreciated, thanks.

All the prices are on the AnPost website, and are easy to find.
    http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/PostalRates/

• Advertisement
Advertisement