Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good spot to watch NZ v Ireland game in Melbourne CBD?

Options
  • 08-06-2012 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

I'm not sure about the CBD to be honest, don't really head out there much but I've watched an Ireland v NZ rugby match in the Maori Chief in South Melbourne before and it had a pretty good atmosphere.
    Also I know that the Station House in Prahran is a rugby pub and usually has a decent atmosphere for games.

Both of these pubs are Kiwi pubs so there's a good chance you'll be outnumbered if you head there but the atmosphere is usually good in both places, rather than the game just being on a tiny tv hidden away in the corner of a bar somewhere while the AFL games dominate.

Not exactly the CBD I know but both are a short tram ride away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Cheers, i will be attending something in Russell Street area after the game so was hoping to watch it somewhere around there. Will keep those places in mind though.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

If you have to be up that end then there's always Bridie O'Reillys on Little Collins St, just off Exhibition St, so it should be one street over from where you need to be and I'd say they'll definitely have the game on. I haven't been in there in about three years so can't really vouch for the place one way or another!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Perfect, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kennedy2011

PJ O BRIANS DOWN SOUTHBANK WILL HAVE IT AND SHOULD BE A GREAT CROWN IN THERE, GUD GUINNESS

• Advertisement
Advertisement