Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco "donates €12,000 after selling 'gone off' meat"

Options
  • 08-06-2012 7:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭

From the Independent, article @ http://www.independent.ie/national-news/tesco-donates-12000-after-selling-gone-off-meat-3132392.html

"TESCO has pleaded guilty to breaches of food safety law for selling chicken that had gone off at one of its outlets.

The supermarket giant has agreed to pay €12,000 to charity and costs for the case taken by the HSE concerning the Tesco Extra outlet in Carton Park, Maynooth, Co Kildare."

Never been a fan of meat sold by Tesco, always tend to by my meat in the local butchers when I do a shop there; their chicken fillets have a horrible texture to them. I wonder was this raw chicken for sale at the butcher's counter or pre-packaged in the freezer section? Anyway, something to be aware of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There is no Consumer Issue here, therefore moving to Food & Drink

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Cheers dudara, sorry for putting it in the wrong place. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Another reason why I never shop in Tesco. I haven't darkened their doors in over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Nice tax deductible donation for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Swampy wrote: »
    Nice tax deductible donation for them.

¥¥¥¥
    I rented a house& shopped out there in That Tescos for a while. V worrying. Was this the chili chicken deli counter; the ready cooked chicken counter; their typically smelly cold cuts section or their packed stuff. God almighty.
    & seems they knew they were doing it & went ahead anyway .
    ?
    Beggars belief.

I wonder if anyone who ate & missed work/ went to doctors round that time will be onto them for recompense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement