Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rat Breeders in Ireland?

• 08-06-2012 9:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

I have two rat babies at the minute around 6 months old (girls) and am in the process of building my own cage for them. When it's done, I'd really love to add to the family with one or two more girls, but I'd like to go through a breeder rather than the petshop like I did with my two! :rolleyes:
    I know of the one reputable breeder in Cork, but from what I hear the waiting list is incredible and I could be waiting months and months for an unbooked kitten to be born, let alone ready for homing :eek:
    I'm in Louth, but I could travel to Dublin and surrounding areas if needs be!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭RossPaws

Michael in Mulhuddart is right up your alley. I got some of my rats from him, he's a really nice guy and has a great selection. If you like I can PM you his number? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I know the breeder in cork as I've applied for some of her ratties, I know it will be a wait, but I'd like to space out the ages a bit so they don't all get old at once.
    There is only the one registered breeder (the one in cork), but they do come up for rehoming occasionally, take a look at the irish rat club forum, I'm a member, loads of advice and you might find something in the rehoming section, or you can ask on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

I know of someone looking to rehome 5 girls at the moment...ages range from young (not sure how young exactly) to a year old. They had a change of circumstances and are located in Dunboyne.

And definitely get on over to http://irishratclub.forum-phpbb.co.uk/ we love having new ratty owners join us! :)

Advertisement