Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Forum

Options
  • 08-06-2012 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Infractions and Bans and I was the only one who made a genuine offer on the thread. TWICE?

I didn't think I could receive a ban for correcting someone's grammar either which was accompanied by three, yes THREE smiley faces to show that I wasn't being rude or aggressive.

If I was being rude or aggressive I would have said something like:

Y U NO UNDASTAND? your =/= you're :mad::mad::mad:

And the mad faces signifying that my post wasn't in jest.

I think it is important that a mod should possess the most primary communication skills and understanding of the English language, such as the differences between your/you're and there/their/they're. Otherwise this will lead to embarrassing moments and in my case an unnecessary ban.

If my crusade to rid the population of those with the IQ equivalent of a lamp isn't appreciated then a simple...

"Dear Lonew0lf,

Mefail Engrish thaz umpossible."

Instead of a ban I would've expected a thank you for clarifying something that obviously didn't sink in all those years ago in second class...

I <3 Lamp

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Lonew0lf wrote: »
    I think it is important that a mod should possess the most primary communication skills and understanding of the English language, such as the differences between your/you're and there/their/they're. Otherwise this will lead to embarrassing moments and in my case an unnecessary ban.

If my crusade to rid the population of those with the IQ equivalent of a lamp isn't appreciated then a simple...

"Dear Lonew0lf,

Mefail Engrish thaz umpossible."

Instead of a ban I would've expected a thank you for clarifying something that obviously didn't sink in all those years ago in second class...
    Please be advised Lonew0lf that you have violated the DRP guidelines (see guidelines above the flowchart):

“Posting abusive comments about a moderator you have issue with will result in further action being taken – this could be an escalation of Infraction to ban or a ban to a category ban - this is at the discretion of the CMod(s)."

Furthermore:

"Your appeal will be closed and no further appeals on the matter will be entertained. We will not allow people to abuse moderators (or indeed any other members) in this forum.”

CMOD DECISION
    • Based upon your violation of these DRP guidelines, as well as those guidelines for posting on boards.ie, your appeal is denied.

ADMIN REQUEST
    • Please close this DRP per the above DRP guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Lonew0lf

Dear BLACKSWAN,

How can a hypothetical situation be abusive to anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement