Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protest in Glasson

Options
  • 08-06-2012 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Phil Hogan was apparently in Glasson yesterday for the opening of the sewage works in the village (I haven't seen any thing official but this is what two locals told me). There was maybe 20 protesters there when I went past at around 6.30 and about 5-6 Gardai.

What a waste of resources having that many Gardai for a protest that was never going to get out of hand. I'm told Phil Hogan even went over himself to talk to the protesters.

Secondly to the best of my knowledge the treatment works are not up and running and have been a complete disaster during construction so why was there a ceremony.
    why are we wasting money having ceremonies for the opening of anything.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

They are gearing up to close the army barracks in Athlone. A few ministers popping up with "good news" stories is the strategy to soften up the populace for the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Mearings

The most obvious way to indicate that a sewage treatment centre is open seems to be a perfect task for a politician.

Advertisement