Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania Pro problems

• 08-06-2012 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi

Anyone else have problems with pixmania pro and there dreadful/rude customer service, still waiting on a refund after sending them back a lawnmower over two weeks ago. I also have told them about ten times to remove the brand in question off the website so no one else orders them and goes through the hassle i have had, and they have not bothered to remove it.

They may be cheap, but i will never order from them again, 2nd time i returned an item and 2nd time i have to continually ring them looking for a refund, if only Amazon sold TV's as this would have been my next purchase from pix pro.

Thanks

Scott

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You bought a lawnmower online:rolleyes: it was never going to end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭scottpr1

Yep, was over 50 quid cheaper then argos :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

scottpr1 wrote: »
    Anyone else have problems with pixmania pro and there dreadful/rude customer service, still waiting on a refund after sending them back a lawnmower over two weeks ago.

Have they received it back yet? If so, and they continue to ignore your request for a refund, then you should contact your bank about a credit card charge back to get the money refunded.
    scottpr1 wrote: »
    I also have told them about ten times to remove the brand in question off the website so no one else orders them and goes through the hassle i have had, and they have not bothered to remove it.

Do you seriously expect them to remove a product from their site because of 1 customer experience? Honestly now, that's simply not going to happen, no matter how many times you tell them.

yup they have it back, they then told me it takes 2 to 4 days for it to show up on their system, rang them this morning and they told me another 2 to 4 days, so it will be over a week then at this stage!

Its not one customer experience, the product cannot be used in Ireland or UK, so yes i would expect them to take it off the irish site lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

How can it not be usable in Ireland if it's for sale in Argos?

• Advertisement

sorry i should have clarified :)

its to do with the power cord / supply, whatever ones they have on the ie site are only fit for european sale. The ones in argos i am guessing are irish / uk power supply. Going to power city this weekend, found a decent enough one at ok price :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

All they need to supply is the correct plug adapter then. That's not a reason to take it off the site, nor does it mean it cannot be used.

Believe me, i would have preferred that, the item did not even come with a power cord, i asked them to send it and they told me it could not be used in ireland or the uk and i had to send it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cotty

I have also had a problem with a lawn mower purchased from Pixmania. When it arrived there was no cable and it had a large European two pin plug on the short lead on the handle. After a lot of correspondence with their inept customer care department I contacted the lawn mower manufacturer this afternoon and they informed me that the item must not be used in the UK as it was manufactured for the European market only and also they obviously could not supply the cable. The manufacturer also stated that they had dealt with a lot of similar enquires to mine.
    Pixmania are not fit for purpose and as they mislead their customers knowing that they assume they will receive a bargain.
    I have contacted my credit card company asking for a charge back and have tried to send back the lawn mower but if it costs me then I will be taking this further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

This actually goes beyond the usual Sale of Goods act as its a dangerous product. I'd make sure that you mention that in your correspondence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement