Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about neutering

• 08-06-2012 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have a question about the Lomond Hills pups for sale...is it acceptable to neuter pups at 6 weeks old? wouldnt a clause in the contract be enough? I know of a woman who bought a pup from them costing thousands of pounds only for him to come down with lymphoma at 2 yrs old. Is there any connection as Ive read early neutering causes all sorts of problems. Ive never heard of breeders spaying and castrating so young.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

annb1958 wrote: »
    I have a question about the Lomond Hills pups for sale...is it acceptable to neuter pups at 6 weeks old? wouldnt a clause in the contract be enough? I know of a woman who bought a pup from them costing thousands of pounds only for him to come down with lymphoma at 2 yrs old. Is there any connection as Ive read early neutering causes all sorts of problems. Ive never heard of breeders spaying and castrating so young.

You couldnt neuter at 6 weeks, do you mean 6 months??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I've moved this post to it's own thread as it's sort of a different question to the previous thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

4 months is the youngest ive ever heard of and even thats questionable, it must be 6 months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Sure at 6 weeks the testicles wouldnt even be developed or dropped, and i cant imagine the uterus would be developed enough either to be removed?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

We just recently got our guy neutered and we were told by the vet the earliest you can neuter a dog is 5 months so 6 weeks sounds insane in comparision to the advice we were given.

• Advertisement
Advertisement