Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‘Dead' boy wakes up and asks for water at funeral in Brazil

• 08-06-2012 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

Very freaky if it's actually true.
    A TWO-YEAR-OLD boy sat up in his coffin and asked for water before laying back down again lifeless, according to a Brazilian news website.

Website ORM claimed that Kelvin Santos stopped breathing during treatment for pneumonia at a hospital in Belem, northern Brazil.

He was declared dead at 7.40pm on Friday and his body was handed over to his family in a plastic bag.

The child's devastated family took him home where grieving relatives held a wake throughout the night, with the boy's body laid in an open coffin.

But an hour before his funeral was due to take place on Saturday the boy apparently sat up in his coffin and said: "Daddy, can I have some water?".

The boy's father, Antonio Santos, said: "Everybody started to scream, we couldn't believe our eyes. Then we thought a miracle had taken place and our boy had come back to life.

"Then Kelvin just laid back down, the way he was. We couldn't wake him. He was dead again."

Mr Santos rushed his son back to the Aberlardo Santos hospital in Belem,where the doctors reexamined the boy and confirmed that he had no signs of life.

He said: "They assured me that he really was dead and gave me no explanation for what we had just seen and heard."

The boy's family decided to delay the funeral for an hour in the hope that he would wake up again, but ended up burying him at 5pm that day in a local cemetery.

Convinced that his son was victim of medical malpractice, Mr Santos has now registered a complaint with the police who have launched an investigation

He said: "Fifteen minutes after rushing him away for resuscitation, they came and told me he was dead and handed me his body. Perhaps they didn't examine him properly. Dead people don't just wake up and talk. I'm determined to find out the truth."

The local state department today confirmed the boy had been admitted to hospital in a critical condition and was declared dead after suffering cardiac-respiratory failure.

Original story here.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

I'm calling 'Shenanigans' !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭who what when

Bollocks.

Thanks for putting us straight all seeing, all knowing one!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

If he was so sure that the boy wasn't really dead, and is planning an investigation, why on earth did they go ahead and bury him anyway lol?
    Poor child...

Though of course I think this story is bullsh*t, it's kinda sick someone would play this kind of game regarding their dead two year old.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Bollocks and shenanigans.
    Trying to make money off the death of your child is about as low as you can get.

Thanks for putting us straight all seeing, all knowing one!
    My pleasure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

But the most important thing is that he didn't try to eat someone's face... he's a good zombie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Bull****, nobody would bury their son if he supposedly came back to life once already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

I remember years back some remote island had people waking up from the "dead" all the time. They had bells fitted in the graves eventually incase anyone else woke up. T'was some disease that slowed their heart, pulse etc and gave the illusion that they were dead to an untrained eye or a hasty doctor. Very plausible that the kid wasn't dead at all to begin with. Hope they got it right the second time :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hate to say it but would this claim somewhat help the complaint they are pursuing against the hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

The boy's family decided to delay the funeral for an hour in the hope that he would wake up again, but ended up burying him at 5pm that day in a local cemetery.

Riiiight. So, the boy's family are convinced that he could still be alive, but they bury him anyway. :confused:

I remember years back some remote island had people waking up from the "dead" all the time. They had bells fitted in the graves eventually incase anyone else woke up. T'was some disease that slowed their heart, pulse etc and gave the illusion that they were dead to an untrained eye or a hasty doctor. Very plausible that the kid wasn't dead at all to begin with. Hope they got it right the second time :pac:
    Jesus, how fúcking old are you?

he is 34 but only 5 in the mind ;)

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Trying to make money off the death of your child is about as low as you can get.

And you know that's what they are trying to do, how exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

davet82 wrote: »
    After a few days though? Sure the blood will have clotted and rigor mortis will have happened long ago, how could the body move?

I saw it on tele box when I was a nipper, think it happened in the 50's or 1850's I don't know I don't really remember. :pac:

smash wrote: »
    After a few days though? Sure the blood will have clotted and rigor mortis will have happened long ago, how could the body move?

It wasn't a few days later, it was the next day. See the links I posted earlier.. in one case it was 21 hours, and the other was 17 1/2 hours.

• Advertisement

davet82 wrote: »
    he is 34 but only 5 in the mind ;)

5 and a half :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

They should have just given the poor kid the water he asked for instead of screaming and frightning the poor lad to death.

smash wrote: »

it was the best i could come up with, looks like this is a case for mulder and scully then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

well brazil is a hot country he must of been dead thirsty:D

well brazil is a hot country he must of been dead thirsty:D

BOOOO!! GTFO! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I had a hamster who did that

:eek:
    seriously?!?

he asked you for a glass of water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

He called you Daddy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Maybe he'll make a comeback at Easter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

cambo2008 wrote: »

And you know that's what they are trying to do, how exactly?
    Educated guess ;)

Advertisement