Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jury service and expenses.

• 08-06-2012 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭

Had a search on here and cannot find anything relating to my dilemma. I have received a summons to attend for jury duty which is ok but a number of questions have arisen not least the issue of travel and costs. I understand that these are not paid, which may be ok for some but I will be really struggling to afford to pay them.

Is there any way of reclaiming these costs? I have estimated costs of 20 euros per day travel (driving and parking costs). With only 2 buses per day public transport is not an option as times do not suit. I am also on a low income so will be really struggling.

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

There is, ring court office and ask for expense form. It is capped, but should cover reasonable costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Just an F.Y.I for you RoisinD, I know someone that claimed expenses for jury duty while at Naas court and didn't get a cheque for 4 months. I don't know if all court's are the same but be prepared to wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

Many thanks for your replys. I had tried to find the info elsewhere but failed.

Advertisement