Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much drink does it take to get you pissed?

Options
  • 08-06-2012 2:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

Lovely aul night of drinking set up for me later. I'll be over to my friends house and we'll go through a few bottles of wine while we discuss the finer points of Proust's later works. I'll be rocking up pissed though, I can tell you that for nothing. How I'll get there is as follows: 200 ml of 56% Redbreast whiskey, two glasses (250 mls) of 12% white wine (from Gascogne if you're wondering). Then I'll hope on the bus and en route I'll finish a 200 ml bottle of Hennessy at 40%. I'll arrive alive and at the correct standard of pissed for appropriate interactions to occur.

I'll rock up and refused wine for a while to give an air of normality, then I'll eventually acquiesce to his demands and I'll be out of control drunk and who knows where that'll end.

So what about you, how much do you need to get a lovely drunk on?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

5 pints = merry
    8 pints = drunkish
    11 pints = pissed
    13+ pints = gllllaaaarrrrbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Buy me a drink and let's find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Lovely aul night of drinking set up for me later. I'll be over to my friends house and we'll go through a few bottles of wine while we discuss the finer points of Proust's later works. I'll be rocking up pissed though, I can tell you that for nothing. How I'll get there is as follows: 200 ml of 56% Redbreast whiskey, two glasses (250 mls) of 12% white wine (from Gascogne if you're wondering). Then I'll hope on the bus and en route I'll finish a 200 ml bottle of Hennessy at 40%. I'll arrive alive and at the correct standard of pissed for appropriate interactions to occur.

I'll rock up and refused wine for a while to give an air of normality, then I'll eventually acquiesce to his demands and I'll be out of control drunk and who knows where that'll end.

Hope what? :confused: That you don't piss yourself on the bus journey???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

....while we discuss the finer points of Proust's later works.

I'll be rocking up pissed ...

I'll rock up and refused wine

Really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Are these the same friends who don't want you around when you're drunk?? Is the whiskey to drink or to put on your erect penis??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

A bottle of wine and three or four pints, always ends up with me being an awesome prick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Happily pissed where I know what I'm doing :

Maybe 6-8 pints or 350ml of spirit (vodka/captain morgan)

Langballed drunk where I'm down several friends and have a sexual harassment case against me the next day :

12-14 pints or 700ml spirits

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

6 pints and I'm usually wiped out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Can't drink for most of the year because of sports so I've sod all tolerance for alcohol.

2 pints = fairly merry
    5 pints = pissed (add shots for completely smiz'ashed... I do whenever I can)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

4 pints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

no idea of an exact number because i rarely get there anymore, but it has to be around 15 or 16 before im shítfaced.

Unless of course theres wine or shorts involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

you seem to go on about drinking alot on boards... ease up man before ya do yourself serious harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

At this stage the pints they do nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

OP you gonna bang the arse off your inflatable dolls when you get home later on???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

A lorryload of porter and then Supermacs staff will be cleaning the jacks for the night :D

Not many at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Around 6-8 pints usually does the trick, beyond that I'd start to feel messy. Although my eyes tend to glaze over slightly after the first couple.
    Been refused from places after having one or two before.

Damn eyes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Seriously op do you not think you might have a problem? Knowing you are going to meet friends & deliberately knocking back a concoction to get drunk before you get there is a bit extreme.

Anyway, it depends on my mood & how tired I am. I have been known to get pissed on two glasses of wine if I'm in bad form & tired. I have also been known to drink approx 14 brandy & 7ups without it having any affect on me.
    I usually stop drinking when I feel my head going all funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i rarely drink and then usually not more than one or two so eh not much

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

It's all about pace and time on the beer.

For instance, if I decided to go on an all day bender on a Saturday, I would average maybe a pint an hour, and could perhaps get through 9 or 10 before I start to get drunk.

But if I went out at a "normal" time, say 9 p.m. my pace would be much shorter, maybe a pint every twenty minutes, so would inevitably get drunk quicker.

I'd be a wise old man when it comes to the finer points of binge drinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭FinnLizzy

I can tolerate up to 8 cans of the same beer. I can expect a hangover if I don't brush my teeth or eat sufficiently.

That being said, by the time I reach can 8, it isn't enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

It varies for me depending on mood, if I'm tired and haven't eaten properly all day, 5-7 pints will get me pissed, if I'm hungover, I could drink 12 pints and still be fairly ok. Generally though if I'm not tired and have eaten properly, 8-9 pints will get me pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Bottle of Absolut raspberry vodka & cranberry juice & crushed ice, ice crusher was the best thing I ever bought. Okay on a bottle, anymore and I’d be probably cutting it fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Peetrik wrote: »
    Can't drink for most of the year because of sports so I've sod all tolerance for alcohol.

2 pints = fairly merry
    5 pints = pissed (add shots for completely smiz'ashed... I do whenever I can)

You terrible, terrible person.

As for the booze it depends what I'm drinking. Find it hard to get pissed on pints unless I have all day to do it as I tend to get really full and have to go vomit to make room for more before the drink takes full effect.
    Whiskey is another story. Half bottle of the water of life and Im a happy boy. Any more and I'm an inconvenience to my friends, full bottle and I'm an inconvenience to the police.
    Ideal amount is a half bottle of Jamie or Jack in the cinema and then a few pints of Magners or Guinness in the pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Oh was pleasantly surprised last weekend, I'm a 21 year old girl and can put a fair bit away.

I had 7 pints, 5 jaegar bombs and a bottle of red wine.

I neither pissed nor shat myself, and didn't vomit in my sleep. Woo

Off out tonight, will have a few beers and a bottle of wine and puke my ring up I bet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

well a 700ml bottle of Captain Morgans causes me to pass out 7 miles away from home and magically wake up in my wardrobe at 3 am with no memory of what happened.

Usually a cheap bottle of wine or a naggin of vodka gets me tipsy/ merry
    mix the two together and im shítfaced
    a shoulder and 3 cans will get me shítfaced too
    Bulmers Pear mixed with Mickey Finns gets me tipsy/little drunk if i have enough of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Back when I did drink pints would get me drunk pretty quick, but I could drink whiskey all night and be fine.

It's been so long since I drank I'd say walking past a pub would get me **** faced now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I find with beer its impossible to tell, I've a big engine and when I go on a bender I can stay in a drunk haze for hours without going over the edge and descending into a debilitating state of inebriation.

With spirits the process is more swift, for instance a couple of bottles Gordons dry gin accompanied by a light mixer will have me floating in a warm cloud, If I switch to beer at this stage I slowly regain stamina and the old engine cranks up again. If I continue heavily on the gin I'll pass out at some point and not remember much when I regain consciousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Depends how stoned I am. If I'm very stoned, one pint=drunk. Two pints=Shleepy time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Oh was pleasantly surprised last weekend, I'm a 21 year old girl and can put a fair bit away.

I had 7 pints, 5 jaegar bombs and a bottle of red wine.

I neither pissed nor shat myself, and didn't vomit in my sleep. Woo

Off out tonight, will have a few beers and a bottle of wine and puke my ring up I bet..

You certainly can. Jaysus. Can you take a good donk on the head as well?

Advertisement