Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much drink does it take to get you pissed?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

FatherLen wrote: »
    5 pints = talkin shyte
    8 pints = carried home with forgotten about kebab in jacket pocket
    11 pints = pisses bed
    13+ pints = charge sheet

thats me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Oh was pleasantly surprised last weekend, I'm a 21 year old girl and can put a fair bit away.

I had 7 pints, 5 jaegar bombs and a bottle of red wine.

I neither pissed nor shat myself, and didn't vomit in my sleep. Woo

Off out tonight, will have a few beers and a bottle of wine and puke my ring up I bet..

wear your hair up in a pony tail.... it helps when your vomitting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

I would easily drink a 12 box of beer followed by a few vodkas and shots i have a stomach made of steel

carly_86 wrote: »
    I would easily drink a 12 box of beer followed by a few vodkas and shots i have a stomach made of steel

you wont be saying that when the doctor tells you its stomach cancer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

last christmas i drank quarter of a naggin mixed and got sick. it was my first time getting sick and haven't drank vodka since. i took the meaning of lightweight to a new level that night.

• Advertisement

davet82 wrote: »

you wont be saying that when the doctor tells you its stomach cancer :rolleyes:

I enjoy life i don't think about things like that i am guessin your a fitness freak

I enjoy life i don't think about things like that i am guessin your a fitness freak

i smoke 20 a day and would drink you under the table my friend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Under the table, you say ? and what's wrong with being civilised and sitting at a table.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

imelle wrote: »
    last christmas i drank quarter of a naggin mixed and got sick. it was my first time getting sick and haven't drank vodka since. i took the meaning of lightweight to a new level that night.

That doesn't necessarily mean your a lightweight by any means, you experienced a phenomenon known as half bottle botch, where the body reacts badly to the first intakes of alcohol. It can be overcome by continuing to drink the substance that initiated the vomiting, you'll adapt quite quickly second time around and a roaring session usually follows.

mattjack wrote: »
    Under the table, you say ?

eh so my GF wont see me and make me go home :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

With almost all alcohol it really depends how much I've had to eat, and how much sleep I'd gotten that day, so can't really say for sure.

Except with beer. 3 pints and I'm gone. I'm known as Princess 3 pints Peach.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭EddyC15

Recently I've found that it really depends on what I have to eat. I could keep drinking all night long and remain fairly sober after having a good meal but if I've just had a snack I'll be very tipsy after three pints.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

The ability to drink a lot is no index of health . Fools believe it is though .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

well a 700ml bottle of Captain Morgans causes me to pass out 7 miles away from home and magically wake up in my wardrobe at 3 am with no memory of what happened.

Usually a cheap bottle of wine or a naggin of vodka gets me tipsy/ merry
    mix the two together and im shítfaced
    a shoulder and 3 cans will get me shítfaced too
    Bulmers Pear mixed with Mickey Finns gets me tipsy/little drunk if i have enough of them!

Swap the Captain Morgan with Southern Comfort and that's my drinking limit also.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The flirtiness on here lately is getting cringeworthy....

I'm a lightweight...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

MOD:

Sydneyfyfe, rockydennis, nothingbetter2d.

Yes. You three.

I have gone through this thread and removed near 20 posts of flirtatious off topic crap. Make no mistake. It was drivel.

And we can't stand it.

Take the thread spoiling flirting to PM, email, gchat, IM, facebook, twitter, anywhere other than here.

Many strange things are posted on boards.

However, if, during your time here, you are thinking about using the winky smiley face or talking about the size of your penis or trying to organise a spitroast with two other boardsies, stop. Stop dead in your tracks and do not hit that submit reply button.

Stop and think for a second about what you have learned here today.

Fair warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

sorry ill be good

The last time a fella said that 2 me was in bed by 9

are you coming on to me? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I think you should read post #47.

On topic, I can drink about 12 pints before I have to be taken home. I try not to drink that much these days though, renders me basically useless for much of the following day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

I usually neck at least 6 -8 bottles or 6 cans pre drinking or a naggin of southern comfort with a couple of bottles. Then I never really keep track of how much i consume when in the pub or club. Usually until I get to the point where I just about have enough money left for my favourite after session meal of garlic cheese and chips. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭boomtown123

not a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I rarely drink. I usually feel 'full' after a couple of pints, so I never get pissed. I've never really understood the appeal of alcohol, to be honest. Being around drunk people just bores me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

5 pints and I'm nice and merry..

6 pints,,and I'm getting pissed.

7 pints,and I'm anybody's. (Within reason) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I'm a lightweight 6-8 and I'm pissed. If I'm on a comedown I could drink anyone under the table though.

You wouldn't be that lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

6-8 pints id normally be pretty drunk. Id rarely drink more than that. Ill love jack daniels so i might have a few of them instead of a few pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

<snip>

mod:

No flirting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

RayM wrote: »
    I've never really understood the appeal of alcohol, to be honest. Being around drunk people just bores me.

If you get drunk you won't be bored by them.
    Drink a couple of shots+mixer and you won't feel full.
    I've never understood the lack of alcohol's appeal to some people.
    It makes conversations take surreal twists, and up to a certain p(o)int, makes almost everyone funnier, and more receptive to fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

I limit myself to 6 bottles of Chimay Blue / Duvel / Gulden Draak (Belgian ales are my poison of choice), but have the ability to neck away all day...hence the limiting :D

Advertisement