Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much drink does it take to get you pissed?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

I could have 6-8 pints one night and feel great and want to keep going.

Another night I could have 3-4 and fall home. Think it comes down to the mood your in,the amount of food you have in your system,tiredness,etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Another lightweight here... 2 pints and 4 shots will make me quite drunk.
    I don't drink to get pissed, usually it's just a pint or two to unwind.
    I'm proud (and strangely disappointed) at my life-long record of never having been drunk enough to black out or puke.
    Usually what stops me getting too drunk is the sensitivity of my puke early-warning-system... my stomach is really good at telling my brain "Hey, I feel a bit like throwing up, I can contain it, but you need to help me out and stop drinking right now".

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

5 pints merry
    2 bottles of buckfast and 1 bottle of jagermeister pissed but conscience for about 12-16 hours of being pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Main factor it depends on for me is food. If I go out with an empty stomach (as I do when I go out after work), then I'm properly trollied on 6 pints. Stumbling, slurring, the works.

If I've had a proper dinner then six pints is very merry and ten pints is into hammered territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Last Sunday at the Rory Gallagher festival I had my first drink at 12 in the afternoon and drank solidly until 2.30 a.m

I recall having 6 cans of Heineken, half a bottle of Buck's Fizz (I know), 3 pints of Guinness, 4 pints of Smithwicks, 2 bottle of Smithwicks Pale Ale, 4 bottles of Blue Moon and 2 cans of Dutch Gold. That wouldn't be a regular occurence but I didn't do too badly. I only felt drunk around 2 a.m so I headed away for a burger.

I did get a good mammy dinner that day which I reckon done me the world of good.

I can be a right arsehole when I drink spirits so I completely avoid them. Wine is fine if I'm limited to 2 bottles. Anymore and I'm a mess, speech gets slurred and I usually have drink spilled all over my clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I don't understand the question......a small child full of beer.

- Tommy Tiernan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Depends on the night.

There are nights i can have 16 pints and still hold a comprehensible conversation, then others where the limit is 10-12

I drink the guts of a bottle of wine, or 3-4 cans most evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

Few Naggins. Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 oden

6 pints limit

• Registered Users Posts: 23 oden

Or about 10 vodkies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Wine is evil. For me anyway.

I've 20 years of drinking under my belt and could happily drink 12 to 15 pints of most stouts, ales and other beers and be respectable.

And with some shorts too. But, like most folk, there are other drinks that would ruin me early on. Wine, tequila, and a couple of others.

Can't emphasize enough however that ones stamina will very much depend on:

How much sleep you've had recently (not just the previous night)

How much (and what) you've eaten that day

And, most important of all in my opinion, what headspace you're in when you start.

If you're not in good form, drink can hit you harder than what you're comfortable with.

But sometimes it's exactly what you need so in many ways, it's hard to tell.
    Just go with your gut and realize that a few drinks can either add to your happiness in a particular period of your life, or, make things more complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭yellowtrout

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Depends on the night.

There are nights i can have 16 pints and still hold a comprehensible conversation, then others where the limit is 10-12

I drink the guts of a bottle of wine, or 3-4 cans most evenings.

You can drink 16 pints but you can't drink a whole bottle of wine?!
    I'm female and could drink 6 pints or 2 bottles of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

After about ten bottles of beer (330cl) I'll be fairly merry and anything after 14 I'm pished but will drink on and generally have a few shorts too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

At this stage the pints they do nothing

Same. Well apart from constantly going to the toilet.

Wine is my tipple of choice, or vodka. I can put away a shameful amount of the stuff without getting off my face. The only time I've ever gotten sick over drink was when I was a teenager.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

10 years ago I could knock them back but now I can't drink any more than 4 or 5 pints. Would only drink a few times a year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

You terrible, terrible person.

As for the booze it depends what I'm drinking. Find it hard to get pissed on pints unless I have all day to do it as I tend to get really full and have to go vomit to make room for more before the drink takes full effect.
    Whiskey is another story. Half bottle of the water of life and Im a happy boy. Any more and I'm an inconvenience to my friends, full bottle and I'm an inconvenience to the police.
    Ideal amount is a half bottle of Jamie or Jack in the cinema and then a few pints of Magners or Guinness in the pub

What ?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Organic Cavity

Depends on how much i've eaten before drinking. can handle 8 pints, 12 i'm on the way 15, pissed.

Been i while since i had a blackout though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Im pissed right now!!
    Ha 8 pint bottles of blumers but that sudsy and lemonde ****s ya up least I in bed noww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

I don't drink.

*Promptly leaves thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Recent research tells me that 80 euro spent in the pub results in me being pretty hammered, but able to remember to keep 20 yoyo for the taxi home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Depends on what I am drinking and for how long.

I went out one night and drank beer, cider, captain morgan and vodka, no effect. Then bang couple of hours later, after everywhere had closed, it all hit me at once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Deus posted in another thread a while ago :p

Wonder what mischief he will regale us with............................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Redbreast is a lovely whiskey but it's not 56%? I don't think there are any spirits in Ireland over 40%?

Four pints and I'd be drunker than I'd want to be, by seven I wouldn't trust myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

humbert wrote: »
    Redbreast is a lovely whiskey but it's not 56%? I don't think there are any spirits in Ireland over 40%?

Four pints and I'd be drunker than I'd want to be, by seven I wouldn't trust myself.

poteen is 80+ %

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm a big guy and a slow drinker, so my answer is: a lot. I've only ever been genuinely "pissed" perhaps once in my lifetime, when I was 18, and that was after over 12 hours of drinking while playing board games. There was another time I drank a lot of good vodka - so smooth it was like water - and I didn't get drunk, but I was a shade of yellow for a week afterwards ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

mishkalucy wrote: »
    Deus posted in another thread a while ago :p

Wonder what mischief he will regale us with............................

I've noticed his name pop up with countless drinking related posts over the past couple of weeks. Should we try and stage some sort of an intervention or something? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

poteen is 80+ %
    None that you can buy legally? The home brewed stuff is completely variable.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Impossible to quantify..depends on what is being drunk and for how long, I'm also quite big..

7 Leffe/Erdinger/Duvel/Budvar/Franziskaner/Smithwicks results in drunk a fair bit quicker than the 7 of the Carlsbergs/Heinekens of this world....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I've noticed his name pop up with countless drinking related posts over the past couple of weeks. Should we try and stage some sort of an intervention or something? :pac:

Start an intervention thread and make it so he cannot post anywhere else. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,262 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

About a mouthful of a pint if yer driving according to The Law

So not fair

Advertisement