Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much drink does it take to get you pissed?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

I've noticed his name pop up with countless drinking related posts over the past couple of weeks. Should we try and stage some sort of an intervention or something? :pac:

ive noticed this too......... the guy is clearly depressed and should seek professional help asap... but its should be made clear.... don't make fun out of the guy.... i have family members (4 of them) that are alcoholics .... its no laughing matter

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

If I'm going out clubbing, a shoulder of whiskey(350ml) and 1 or 2 beers before I go to the club has me fairly merry. Not sloppy but not too far from it

I find when I'm having a few pints in the pub it can vary a lot, sometimes 5 or so pints will have me fairly merry, other times I'd need 7 or 8 to get me to where I want to be. I find if I go for pints without a good meal in me, I can get tired drunk fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

I've a taste for a drop of rum, I can drink that till the cows come home, but I usually water it heavily, so its no stronger than weak beer. Its an awful waste of time getting langballed. Literally, whole days and nights vanish. And it makes you useless to a woman. Whats the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ha ha hello

700 ml of capt. morgans over the course of about 2 an a half hours, mixed with club orange or fanta, has me perfectly pissed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Too much some nights, too little others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

humbert wrote: »
    None that you can buy legally? The home brewed stuff is completely variable.

Poitin has been legal since 1997. Bunratty sells some weak piss ass stuff at farmers strength however the celtic whiskey shop in Dublin sells 90% poitin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Was in Spain recently and the servings for shorts were generous by our measures, so about three or four large ones to be urinated here . .:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

The head is hanging off me like Oliver Plunkett. I haven't felt this bad since I woke up in Stephen's green with moss growing on my tongue. I'd make my own quietus if I could reach the hammer on the bedside table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

Redbreast is a lovely whiskey but it's not 56%? I don't think there are any spirits in Ireland over 40%?

I beg to differ sir...

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-16763.aspx

http://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/Knockeen_Hills_Extra_Strength_Poteen-z-product-product-218-context-brand-page-1.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Well, I stand corrected. Apparently there is no legal limit on spirit strength!

Really strange that the same whiskey, of the same age, comes in different strengths.

Seems my google foo is weak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Well, I stand corrected. Apparently there is no legal limit on spirit strength!

Really strange that the same whiskey, of the same age, comes in different strengths.

Seems my google foo is weak.

Well 40% is the minimum accepted not the maximum for whiskies I think. When they're in the barrells maturing they're 56%+ usually and then they're watered down to 40% to reduce production costs and make it more palatable to the causal drinker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

6 cans - buzzed
    8 cans - pissed
    10-12 cans - Twisted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

12 bottles, 8 cans or 2 bottles of wine........ half a bottle of fine spirits back when I was allowed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

1 packet of Lidls Brandy Barrel liquers - legless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Havent been pissed on beer in years. Can't physically drink enough of it for me to stay on it for the night. Usually full of it by 6 pints. Then if I move onto rum or whiskey, 5 or 6 of those and I start having difficulty with speech and motor functions! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Yesterday I had a bottle of wine, a naggen and 7 cans, drank over about 8 hours playing cards, so slow and steady wins the race and all that, was drunk but not at all messy.
    If I'm going clubbing I'll have a naggen and 2 or 3 cans before I head out, and whatever when I'm out then, just depends on the mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

FatherLen wrote: »
    5 pints = merry
    8 pints = drunkish
    11 pints = pissed
    13+ pints = gllllaaaarrrrbh!

I have very little tolerance for alcohol.
    For me its more like:

2 pints = Merry
    4 pints = Pissed
    6 pints = gllllaaaarrrrgh
    8 pints = Hospitalisation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭goodie2shoes

Very little I would reckon.

I haven't drank alcohol in over 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

It actually takes a good bit considering how little I ever drink, I'd go through a sight of cans without even noticing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

About 6 pints and then a double or 2 and I'm Mad Fore Ih!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

A few pints of anheuser busch followed up by a couple of shots of tequilla and God knows how many baby guiness's and off I go...I just dance then...

Advertisement