Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipod Classic or other options?

• 08-06-2012 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I have an ipod nano, current generation, 16GB, I listen to a lot of classical music, and by now my itunes library is 23GB and growing so I have to de-select a lot of music for my ipod.
    I was thinking of going for the ipod classic, but I know its an old Apple product and I wander should I be looking at other devices that I can play with music on Itunes on, that will have a bigger memory than 16GB.
    I would like 60 - 120GB this should give me enough space.
    So should I consider buying the classic now, or wait and see does apple bring out something new, or look at other options?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

I'm open to correction but I doubt there will be an upgrade on the classic, it's all about apps now and the classic doesn't cater for that.

(What follows is a biased iPod Classic Fanboy review :))

I personally LOVE the classic, it's capacity and interface are great. I'm on my second now, dropped my 120Gb a few months ago and took delivery of my new 160Gb yesterday morning :D

You should be able to pick up a second hand one fairly handy though they can still go for €100 + second hand, €233 from apple and I spotted one yesterday evening in PCWorld (Cork) for €229

I have an iTunes library of over 100Gb so for me it's invaluable, even if you think there's two much wasted space once you start adding videos/TV shows it'll fill up quick.

TL;DR Yes buy a Classic :D

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

People have been saying this for years, but I imagine the Classic will be dropped soon. It's the only thing on the market with enough storage capacity for big music collections, and I have a funny feeling that the only reason it's stayed in production so long is because of Steve Jobs' music collection - even a high-capacity iPod Touch wouldn't have done the job for him.

But the storage size of the Touch is increasing now, and iCloud will help manage large libraries without having to sync with a computer, so I really do think the Classic's days are numbered. Personally, I think it's well worth it if you have a large collection of music.

Advertisement