Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes Error

Options
  • 08-06-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

I bought the Racing Post on Wednesday of last week (they had a Euro 2012 Supplement) On Page 14 they had an advert from Ladbrokes claiming if Holland win the Euros the will refund all losing bets on the outright market as a free bet.
    I logged on to the site to place my bet, just before i placed my bet,i double checked the terms and conditions, where i noticed that the offer applied to England winning in order to get the cashback.
    I spoke to someone LiveChat to check which the offer applied to. Girl i spoke to advised me that it was if England were to win. I asked why did the Racing Post state it was Holland.....the customer service agent said she had the copy of the Racing Post supplement beside her and it stated the cashback was for England to win.
    I told her i could email the picture of the advert if she wanted me to. The CS agent gave me an email address and i sent it off. A few minutes later i got a reply from someone who said they would forward it to promotions team.
    I received no reply so i contacted them via Live chat, where someone told me it must be a printing error!!!
    I was polite and didnt want to take my grief with the lad on livechat, but i said in my opinion it looked like a sly move to get people to access their site. It is similar to offering a cashback if Man Utd win the premier league....only to offer it if Stoke win the premier league (no offence to any Stoke fans) when you log onto the site.
    The agent said he would send the transcript of our conversation on to a supervisor.
    Just wondering if anyone else took Ladbrokes up on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

They are 2 different offers, nothing strange about it, a lot of bookies do it.
    The Holland one is exclusive to IRISH shops, the England one is for Online & English Shops
    so if you think England will win (:confused:), do it online, if you think Holland, will go into a shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

Oh right. I wasn't aware of that. Had they explained this to me i would have done it in the shop. Anyway list of the story is i placed the bet with Victor Chandler who were offering cashback if Spain win. On the other hand, is there a separate Racing Post for Ireland and England

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

There sure is, like different editions of the Sun, Star in Ireland & England.
    The staff in UK wouldn't know what the staff in Ireland are doing or what offers they have.

Advertisement