Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer - Revenue Commissioners

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sandy60

is there an irish test?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

sandy60 wrote: »
    is there an irish test?

Yes, there was an option to take the Irish test at start of application form

Yes, there was an option to take the Irish test at start of application form

is that not to claim proficiency (ie that you can speak) in irish? if u select 'no' do u have to take an irish test?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

is that not to claim proficiency (ie that you can speak) in irish? if u select 'no' do u have to take an irish test?

No Irish test compulsory. You can have the interview conducted through irish if you wish. There used to be a small amount of additional marks going for conducting the interview through Irish but I think that's gone.

Uriel. wrote: »
    No Irish test compulsory. You can have the interview conducted through irish if you wish. There used to be a small amount of additional marks going for conducting the interview through Irish but I think that's gone.

thank you very much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

OK just to clarify about the Irish proficiency - and take it from someone who's done AO and AP competitions in the last 5 years:

You can elect to do a separate Irish interview, much like doing the Irish oral in the leaving cert.

It's a pass/fail, all or nothing thing - if you pass you get an extra 6% of the total available marks for the competition - so lets say the competency based interview was marked out of 350, you'll get an extra 21 marks straight away, for being able to converse as Gaeilge. In the final reckoning it can be worth several places on a panel.

Everything to gain and nothing to lose really.

I found that the Irish interview when going for AP was much more difficult, because it was Revenue guys doing the interview and they threw in some technical stuff, but if it's the PAS running the competition I'd say they'll keep it fairly straightforward, cureent affairs, where you went on your laethanta saoire etc..!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

No Irish test compulsory.
    Correct
    You can have the interview conducted through irish if you wish. There used to be a small amount of additional marks going for conducting the interview through Irish but I think that's gone.
    Incorrect

• Registered Users Posts: 8 iballpaul

I have just received an e-mail from Revenue requesting expressions of interest for either Waterford or Kilkenny. Neither are suitable :( so good luck to those of you who this may suit!

iballpaul wrote: »
    I have just received an e-mail from Revenue requesting expressions of interest for either Waterford or Kilkenny. Neither are suitable :( so good luck to those of you who this may suit!

I have just been offered Waterford and Kilkenny too.

Since the panel formed October 2012 the following areas have been offered:

Athlone (offered Xmas 2012),
    Dublin (offered Xmas 2012),
    Galway(offered Xmas 2012),
    Kilkenny (offered twice, Xmas 2012, July 2013)
    Letterkenny (offered Xmas 2012),
    Thurles (offered Xmas 2012),
    Waterford (offered July 2013),

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Conrad89

I have just been offered Waterford and Kilkenny too.

Since the panel formed October 2012 the following areas have been offered:

Athlone (offered Xmas 2012),
    Dublin (offered Xmas 2012),
    Galway(offered Xmas 2012),
    Kilkenny (offered twice, Xmas 2012, July 2013)
    Letterkenny (offered Xmas 2012),
    Thurles (offered Xmas 2012),
    Waterford (offered July 2013),

@mydiscworld Sorry for asking but I assume that these offers are from the last panel that was formed?
    Has anybody heard about the upcoming interviews yet? The waiting game is hard!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

Conrad89 wrote: »
    @mydiscworld Sorry for asking but I assume that these offers are from the last panel that was formed?
    Has anybody heard about the upcoming interviews yet? The waiting game is hard!!

I had heard the rumour of interviews in a few weeks. But there is nothing confirmed yet. Given the time of the year, I wouldnt be surprised if they were pushed out until after summer. Holidays, term time etc might make it difficult to form an interview board

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭littlelady81

did anyone contact manpower section to see when the interviews are likely to b scheduled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

did anyone contact manpower section to see when the interviews are likely to b scheduled?

I rang them two weeks ago-they said they wouldn't be for two weeks anyway. Then i asked would we be given two weeks notice of interview date-they said you'll get a minimum of 7 days notice. I asked did they think the interviews would be in July or would it be Aug-they couldn't give me an answer.

did anyone receive a call from revenue today? Missed it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 luckystart2013

Got a call today from revenue re interview. As I understand it is only first round interview, there will be another if you are successful? Am I right?

Don't worry if you missed a call, she said that email will follow later on as well! So, you might get email this afternoon or tomorrow ;)

Got a call today from revenue re interview. As I understand it is only first round interview, there will be another if you are successful? Am I right?

No, just one interview then successful candidates are placed on a panel.

When did Revenue say interviews commence?

I missed it too just rang them back there to confirm time. think you need to call them to get the email!!

Don't worry if you missed a call, she said that email will follow later on as well! So, you might get email this afternoon or tomorrow ;)

thank you :)

No, just one interview then successful candidates are placed on a panel.

When did Revenue say interviews commence?[/

Mine is last week in August, plenty of time ;)

• Advertisement

I missed it too just rang them back there to confirm time. think you need to call them to get the email!!

When is your interview? :) Just wonder will they be interviewing candidates for one week or longer?

last week in August as well! !
    When is your interview? :) Just wonder will they be interviewing candidates for one week or longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

Got a missed call and voicemail this evening. Will call them back tomorrow morning.

I had previously mailed to say that I am holidays at the end of August. They offered me an interview on 9th Sept. This combined with the comments above leads me to believe that the interviews will last for just over 2 weeks. I think they are starting on Mon 26th from what I hear ...

Good luck everybody !

hows everyone set for the upcoming interview? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lizzy19

Hey, just wondering if how do you get an interview for the revenue commissioners? Do you ring or send an email?
    and is there any qualifications needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Lizzy19 wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering if how do you get an interview for the revenue commissioners? Do you ring or send an email?
    and is there any qualifications needed?

Well, that's what this whole thread is about.
    - They advertise the positions on publicjobs.ie
    - People apply for the jobs
    - They shortlist based on certain criteria (probably the essential qualifications they listed on their advertisement)
    - They invite people from the shortlist to attend interview
    - People from the shortlist attend interviews
    - Some people are excluded from being candidates for the jobs based on the interviews (not sure what criteria, I've always felt interviews are like taking a fish out of water)
    - Of the people not excluded, they create a ranked panel of candidates based on the interviews
    - As a job becomes available, it is offered to the highest member on the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Onanon

The invitation to applicants said there would be both an interview and a presentation for the job.

Has anybody been asked to do a presentation, or has it just been an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MINI05

Hi Has anyone any advice or tips for the interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Onanon wrote: »
    The invitation to applicants said there would be both an interview and a presentation for the job.

Has anybody been asked to do a presentation, or has it just been an interview?

Yes, it is an interview with a presentation section involved. They allow you to present with the help of stuff you bring on paper or I think I remember a flip chart being there if you'd prefer that (you'd want to double check on the flip chart though)

It felt very time constrained so I'd recommend practicing a lot beforehand. Don't have too much in your presentation. Have a good conclusion or recommendation at the end of it. Then just try to have informed but short opinions on questions you think you might get asked about it. Also be ready to be open to questions you just couldn't think of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I apllied for this position today. Any idea on what candidates they're going for ?

The one I applied was for graduates.

Advertisement