Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer - Revenue Commissioners

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Zipppy wrote: »
    Anyone know when results are expected for these competitions?

Interviews for AP finish this week, Irish oral interviews (for both AO & AP) towards the end of this week for those who professed to have the cupla focail, and results are expected within 2 weeks. I presume AO will be a similar timeframe, about 2 weeks from end of interviews...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rangs

Does anyone else feel that their interview went badly??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CorkBoy!

When the results are out will the candadiate be told where they are on the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

CorkBoy! wrote: »
    When the results are out will the candadiate be told where they are on the list?
    Standard procedure in the PS...yes you should be advised where on the panel (should you get on the panel) you are...no indication of when (if ever) you will be called would be given...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tayhen

Rangs wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel that their interview went badly??
    Yes, I thought that there were a few curve ball questions thrown in with no time given for thinking something through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Poly Polo

What kind of curve ball questions, feeling vey nervous now!

Poly Polo wrote: »
    What kind of curve ball questions, feeling vey nervous now!
    Not intended to make you nervous, maybe it was just me going off topic!

Just wondering did anyone do the Irish Oral competency yet???

(n'fheadar an ndearna éinne an t-agallamh Gaeilge fós???)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pabo

Rinne mise e. Ach theip orm an chaideaina a fhail.

pabo wrote: »
    Rinne mise e. Ach theip orm an chaideaina a fhail.

Sorry to hear that :( so they told you there and then whether you'd gotten it... were they asking about work related stuff or just general conversation / current affairs, or what?

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that :( so they told you there and then whether you'd gotten it... were they asking about work related stuff or just general conversation / current affairs, or what?

Just an update for anyone who didn't do it yet, try to be familiar with how to discuss pretty much feckin anything that's on your form with them... I ended up having to debate the merits of different approaches to compliance management, but I think he only got into technical stuff with me because I'd already passed (I hope!) - apparently they tend to make a decision in the first couple of minutes, seeing as you can either converse as Gaeilge or you can't (although I'd imagine you could redeem yourself if for some reason you started poorly).

Tús maith.... ;)

Anyday now I reckon ............................................................tick tock ................tick tock.........................

Anyday now I reckon ............................................................tick tock ................tick tock.........................

They were still interviewing AO candidates today, albeit for the Audit & Compliance panel. I'd say it'll the week after next at earliest...

They were still interviewing AO candidates today, albeit for the Audit & Compliance panel. I'd say it'll the week after next at earliest...
    I thought interviews ended 25.09?

I thought interviews ended 25.09?

Yeah so did I, but I met 2 people who were in for their AO interview yesterday, they must've had scheduling difficulties I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CorkBoy!

Thanks

Any word from anyone ?

No word yet either. I did hear mention
    that mid week to late next week all would get an email with result.

Check email

Check email

Check email

Check email

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sunshine.99

No email yet! How did you get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Spookswho

Are the results out yet??

I got no word yet. I just checked mail.

I rang them there...exact words "we would certainly hope that the results would be issued some time next week"....so keep waiting...

tayhen wrote: »
    I rang them there...exact words "we would certainly hope that the results would be issued some time next week"....so keep waiting...

:( waiting is a killer

tayhen, well done. thanks for that!!!

As for you Zippy, ........ stay away from this thread if you are going to continue to send out silly false alarms like Check email
    Check email
    Check email
    Check email
    Like you said Zippy, "Waiting is a killer" so stop messing.

Well said Pabo!

tayhen, well done. thanks for that!!!

As for you Zippy, ........ stay away from this thread if you are going to continue to send out silly false alarms like Check email
    Check email
    Check email
    Check email
    Like you said Zippy, "Waiting is a killer" so stop messing.

That was me checking my email every minute..not seeking that others check theirs....Apologies if it appeared as anything else..

People are sure grumpy in here on a Tuesday morning....

Relax, sure fingers crossed we'll all be working together in revenue in the near future....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Results are out. I got an AO position.

Results are out. I got an AO position.
    hi, congrats to you. How were you informed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

hi, congrats to you. How were you informed?

An email to my Gmail account.

Advertisement