Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking ticket, Letterkenny

Options
  • 08-06-2012 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭

I just mentioned the government services building on another thread and it reminded me of a useful tip, just in case there is anyone who doesn't know about this;

a while back I recieved a parking fine in Letterkenny for having no parking ticket displayed. I looked at the time the fine was issued and noticed it had been only 3 minutes before. You get 10 minutes grace period to allow someone the time it would take to go and get a ticket at the parking meter. So I went to the meter I bought a ticket, and brought it to the government services centre where they cancelled the parking ticket.
    Might save someone €40 so I thought it was worth mentioning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

I trust that you had only parked up within that ten minutes window?? ;)
    I'm nearly sure that the wee guy who used to be the parking warden told me I had half an hour's grace when parking... not 100% on that would need to check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Firblog wrote: »
    I had half an hour's grace when parking... not 100% on that would need to check it out.

On street parking is free for half an hour I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Firblog wrote: »
    I trust that you had only parked up within that ten minutes window?? ;)
    I'm nearly sure that the wee guy who used to be the parking warden told me I had half an hour's grace when parking... not 100% on that would need to check it out.

There is 30min free parking now and that wee fella is dead now, Mickey Curran was his name, he died last year. RIP.

Advertisement