Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa Romeo Parts

Options
  • 08-06-2012 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Anyone know a good source of Alfa Romeo parts. I need an accelerator cable for a 156, '99. Im based in Galway and there are no Alfa dealers here.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Have you looked on eBay?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 m055y

Headford Road dismantlers used to have a huge amount of 156's in there but they seem to have downsized a lot latley but might be worth popping in.

My advice is to go in dont bother phoning as they never answer - its a fairly primitive place...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 micfur

tried eBay but none for the 156. Will try Headford Road tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I believe there is a dismantler operating in Enfield who does a lot of Alfa's - sorry its not closer to Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Might be worth asking this guy on adverts http://www.adverts.ie/member/242306, I've never bought anything from him but he always seems to have a few Alfa bits listed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

i dremt i was in xtc in heaven and ys relihans kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

I've bought a heap of stuff from Alternative Autos in the UK.. 00441484865086

I'm on a phone right now, but I'll post their email address later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

I got all my Alfa parts from these guys in the uk:

Www.ebspares.co.uk

Good parts and quick delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Tazio wrote: »
    I've bought a heap of stuff from Alternative Autos in the UK.. 00441484865086

I'm on a phone right now, but I'll post their email address later.

+1 on alternative autos but have you tried a fiat dealer, they probably have them in stock and are often as cheap or cheaper than anywhere else, shipping from the uk is a killer on cheap parts

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

micfur wrote: »
    tried eBay but none for the 156. Will try Headford Road tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
    Set your search to worldwide - there's a new one in Italy for €17. They do have p&p to Ireland down as costing €60, but i'm sure that's a mistake.

Edit: Make sure it's the same part for both left and right hand drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Ring these guys and ask for Kevin:

http://www.bodvss.ie/our-services.html

You will not meet a more helpful or knowledgeable guy when it comes to Fiat/Alfa parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Anan1 wrote: »
    Set your search to worldwide - there's a new one in Italy for €17. They do have p&p to Ireland down as costing €60, but i'm sure that's a mistake.

Edit: Make sure it's the same part for both left and right hand drive.

Its been about 5 years or so but I had the cable done in my old '00 reg 156 1.8 which is the same basic block as the 2.0 so I presume its the same part and I think the part was twenty something euro from a dealer. Any fiat dealer would be my first port of call. Too cheap a part to be paying international shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 micfur

I ending up scrapping my poor Alpha 156 in the end. Couldn't get the part anywhere. Dealers checked their interconnected stock systems and nothing was showing in the Ireland or the UK. Even had a mate in Italy try and get it, no luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Delancey wrote: »
    I believe there is a dismantler operating in Enfield who does a lot of Alfa's - sorry its not closer to Galway.

I believe this fellow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Ring these guys and ask for Kevin:

http://www.bodvss.ie/our-services.html

You will not meet a more helpful or knowledgeable guy when it comes to Fiat/Alfa parts.

He does not work there anymore. He left to start a company called Discount Spare Parts, which supplied genuine, aftermarket and used parts for Fiats, Alfas and fiat commercials. If you wish to PM, I can forward contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

micfur wrote: »
    I ending up scrapping my poor Alpha 156 in the end. Couldn't get the part anywhere. Dealers checked their interconnected stock systems and nothing was showing in the Ireland or the UK. Even had a mate in Italy try and get it, no luck!

I managed to source one of these about a week ago if we are talking about the same thing. Cost €40 from a dismantler in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

might will find .. here not sure though.

Advertisement