Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time

Options
  • 08-06-2012 4:12pm

Hi there folks,

I have been fishing since I was a young lad but mainly a mixture of lobster pots, nets and the jigger. Living up in Dublin now and have nothing to do tomorrow so thought I might go down to Corkagh and rent a rod and bait for a few hours.

The only thing is that I have never fished using a rod before. Would it take much to get into the swing of it? Also, for a beginner, would Corkagh be suitable?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

if you have never used a rod before, it should not take long to get the swing of it. (pardon the pun).
    but you would probably be better of bringing someone more experienced at fishing than you, at least for the first time.
    failing that, ask someone who's fishing there already, most anglers would probably not mind spending 5 or 10 minutes giving you some pointers. just remind them of the fisherman's code. icon12.gif

Advertisement