Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2012 RTE Panel Watch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

But it's what all the 'hip' and 'trendy' kids are listening to grand pa' :cool:

Motorhead?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

But it's what all the 'hip' and 'trendy' kids are listening to grand pa' :cool:

Probably the same people who think having a Craig Doyle show was a good idea.

not seen any rte coverage but is it dubstep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

Tusky wrote: »
    Motorhead?!?

Was the last montage not some crappy euro-dance trash? About "shutting it dowwwwwn..." ?

Or is my sarcasm detector temporarily switched off :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

Trippie wrote: »
    not seen any rte coverage but is it dubstep?

I wouldn't necessarily call it Dub Step, but it didn't suit the theme of the games today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Anyone have a link to Dunphy's "bull****" outburst before the Greece match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was pissing myself at Kerr earlier on actually.

Unreal stuff.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Seaneh wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to Dunphy's "bull****" outburst before the Greece match?

Got to 9:30 in this video. I'm surprised they uploaded it. Thought they might edit out the comments.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=3315542

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Got to 9:30 in this video. I'm surprised they uploaded it. Thought they might edit out the comments.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=3315542

Bill was hilarious with his stare when he said "Me too.", and the cute little nod he gave was great haha.

Surprised they left that in alright. Dunphy has always had it in for every Ireland manager though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Thats Didi on 3 days in a row now! Whats happened to Richie ?

Not enjoying the lack of Brian Kerr today. Everyone's too perfect today. Names being pronounced correctly, and players are being referred to by their name as opposed to the colour of their boots :(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Not enjoying the lack of Brian Kerr today. Everyone's too perfect today. Names being pronounced correctly, and players are being referred to by their name as opposed to the colour of their boots :(.

The second game we might have him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

HazDanz wrote: »
    The second game we might have him.

Ger Canning and Ray Houghton for the second game apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Gilesy - "The game was a bit scratchy at the beginning"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Ger Canning and Ray Houghton for the second game apparently.

Oh fcuk. Itv so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Lovely second goal by Portugal. Orangy boots had no chance of saving it.

"That was travelling a rate of knots"

- Peter Collins getting all nautical in his description of Varela's goal.

Bah. Houghton and Canning for next game. The worst of both worlds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

kitakyushu wrote: »
    It could not get any worse.Brian kerr FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Canning and Collins are in Ukraine. Hamilton and Alkin are in Poland. Just to warn ya for future matches. :D

Giles:De jong,a digger for Holland in midfield

• Advertisement

Mark Lawrenson is on BBC. He's worse imo. One of the most annoying voices around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Mark Lawrenson is on BBC. He's worse imo. One of the most annoying voices around.

The stuff he comes out with is worse then anyone on RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,593 ✭✭✭✭CSF

His voice has nothing on the announcer in the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

CSF wrote: »
    His voice has nothing on the announcer in the Aviva.

A DJ on 4fm. His name evades me at the minute. Dermot Kennedy or some such.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Canning to Houghton: "It's a commentators worst nightmare Ray; a Lahm marking a Robben"

Luckily the Gomez goal broke the subsequent bewildered silence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

"Hunteelaar ,they call him the hunter"- didnt know that translated over to dutch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Whenever one of them calls Didi "Diddy" it always makes me laugh, I'm such a child :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ive switched to BBC Radio 5 commentary,couldnt listen to Lawro no more

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Gilesy thinks the Dutch have had a change of manager since the world cup. Now I have lots of time for him but a little bit of research into the sport he loves wouldn't go amiss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Giles having real trouble with the name Badstuber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Giles has always been useless. Hummel?

wonga77 wrote: »
    Renn wrote: »

He was impressed with the German CB's. Just not impressed enough to remember their names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Are the majority who vote in the RTE polls complete idiots?

flyswatter wrote: »
    Are the majority who vote in the RTE polls complete idiots?
    They are fake people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

yomtea98 wrote: »
    They are fake people

I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

only 185 people voted in that poll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

mewso wrote: »
    Gilesy thinks the Dutch have had a change of manager since the world cup. Now I have lots of time for him but a little bit of research into the sport he loves wouldn't go amiss.

go easy! he more or less asked had they and was quickly told they hadn't. i don't think Gilesy's role has ever been to keep up with these kind of details. Gilesy generally just calls the game he's just watched as he sees it. Dunphy is far worse, because he does pretend he has done his research, watches La Liga every week etc., and he still makes far more of these kind of errors than Giles

The panel needs a fourth permanent member a total Statto. I've been saying in 3D land for a while. A real football wonk that could fill in the gaps in knowledge the lads have. Pluck someone from obscurity too.

I think it would add to the programme no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

The panel needs a fourth permanent member a total Statto. I've been saying in 3D land for a while. A real football wonk that could fill in the gaps in knowledge the lads have. Pluck someone from obscurity too.

I think it would add to the programme no end.
    For some reason I can already picture Dunphy giving him a wedgie and firing paper aeroplanes at him.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    For some reason I can already picture Dunphy giving him a wedgie and firing paper aeroplanes at him.

I'd have him sitting between Billo and John. No messin'. There, eh, Bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Kenny Cunningham has been the most impressive so far along with the German fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The BBC punditry has been the worst of all imo. They just spout a lot of cliches and sit there snickering at their unfunny jokes. The attempt at analysis for Holland/Germany was so bad it was offensive. I like ITV's efforts more but they seem to be limited for time in their post-match stuff. So far I'm liking RTE the most although they could do with more research.

The BBC punditry has been the worst of all imo. They just spout a lot of cliches and sit there snickering at their unfunny jokes. The attempt at analysis for Holland/Germany was so bad it was offensive. I like ITV's efforts more but they seem to be limited for time in their post-match stuff. So far I'm liking RTE the most although they could do with more research.

Yeah Lawro was pretty bad, but I listened to it as the only alternative was Canning/Houghton.

Solution : Have Kerr for every match RTE no matter the cost! Blanket coverage if you will, like a blanket over three Greek centre-forwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

What's the name of the guy who was commentating on the Spain vs Italy game? I thought he was the only good one, got very excited whenever the ball made its way into the penalty box and had good chemistry with the other fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Jimmy Magee would be better than that Gah commentator.

I also turned over to BBC, would rather listen to Lawro than that fella spouting his crap about "scores" and "sideline cuts".

The hack of him.

I wonder will the send him to commentate on the Javelin or something in the Olympics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Des wrote: »
    Jimmy Magee would be better than that Gah commentator.

I also turned over to BBC, would rather listen to Lawro than that fella spouting his crap about "scores" and "sideline cuts".

The hack of him.

I wonder will the send him to commentate on the Javelin or something in the Olympics?

Agree with this.

He can take Ray Houghton with him - who knows where the serendipitous flight of a Javelin might land?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

He didn't say "sideline cuts".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

He didn't say "sideline cuts".

No, he's got this really fycked up culchie/posh accent where he says 'sideline cats'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Anyone hear Dunphy on the radio this morning?

Said Giles was the best "forensic analyst" and he was a more "sober man" than him :pac:

Asked about Keanes punditry on ITV

"Well...I've seen him other times..and he's not up to much."

And then goes on to say

"At the ITV you're surrounded by spiffs"

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

wonga77 wrote: »

Hamann told him his name - badstuber - and a few seconds later he forgot it again, hamann looked like he was about to burst out laughing but managed not to.

giles should be gone, he doesn't even know half the players names & thinks it's still the '70s, his knowledge on things like that & like the dutch manager are awful

• Advertisement
Advertisement