Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2012 RTE Panel Watch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

"I dunno why dat hoort 'im"

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

What's Bill smoking?

"Ireland will be Poznan tomorrow ahead of their really important match on Monday".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

born2bwild wrote: »
    Ah...he won the league with Pat's and brought an under 17s team to third place in the world cup in 1997. He put a decent enough stint in as Ireland manager.

I see what you mean, though, that must have been all blind luck.

I was referring to Sadlier not kerr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

What's Bill smoking?

"Ireland will be Poznan tomorrow ahead of their really important match on Monday".

Actually this would be the perfect Apres match full match. Nobody gives a **** at this point and that'll go doubly so once the goals start rattling in after about 4mins if form is anything to go by. We will need a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Sadlier you dope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pay attention, Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Renn wrote: »
    Sadlier you dope.

Came on to say the exact same thing, fúcking idiot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Richie being professional there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

yomtea98 wrote: »
    What have you got against?He is way better than Dunphy,Giles etc.What do they say that is insightful compared to Sadlier?

Cunningham has impressed me the most so far today. Earlier he was analysing Ireland's "performance" against Spain and got it spot on, I thought.

Dunphy predicted Holland to make it to the final, Ireland to qualify, England to fail against Sweden (then to stay at 1-0 - go down the pub). His "analysis" amounts to little more than cheap jibes and browbeating the others into ridiculous positions. He's got no idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Roy being mentioned:D

Fúck off back to your hole in the ground Sir Royston.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Cunningham has impressed me the most so far today. Earlier he was analysing Ireland's "performance" against Spain and got it spot on, I thought.

Dunphy predicted Holland to make it to the final, Ireland to qualify, England to fail against Sweden (then to stay at 1-0 - go down the pub). His "analysis" amounts to little more than cheap jibes and browbeating the others into ridiculous positions. He's got no idea.

He's a brilliant pundit!!! Really impressive!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Cunnigham getting a sly dig in there

Keane spouting off again!! He's boring me at this stage!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

They were on the money about Roy Keane, world class attention seeker at this stage

• Advertisement

keith16 wrote: »
    Cunnigham getting a sly dig in there

More of a dig at Sadlier by leaving him out of it altogether :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Roll on the day when a discussion on Irish international football can take place without anyone giving a fiddlers fuk what Roy Keane says.

Well said Bill - 'He's irellevant'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Cunningham made a nice point about players levels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

WTF is going on with Didi ? his eyebrows and this "half-sneeze" face he does are mental !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

SeantheMan wrote: »
    WTF is going on with Didi ? his eyebrows and this "half-sneeze" face he does are mental !!

it's called facial tics. some folks have them, not something he can do anything about.

• Advertisement

RGDATA! wrote: »
    it's called facial tics. some folks have them, not something he can do anything about.

Another Liverpool player (Djimi Traoré) had the same problem , only with his feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

SeantheMan wrote: »

I think he might have a nervous tick, Its something I've only ever noticed since he's been on the panel.

I don't know how it didn't affect him during his playing days though, unless its become more aggressive in later years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Didi has never blinked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

He'd be no good at poker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

damn, nobody quoted what Kerr said when the thunder sounded :(
    something about hoping there'd be no lightning after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

brian kerr has been a great commentator in this tournament, he has some way with words and a great accent as well

damn, nobody quoted what Kerr said when the thunder sounded :(
    something about hoping there'd be no lightning after it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79242747&postcount=867

Anyone got a youtube clip for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

poor old Dieter Hamann he gets a terrible blinky blinky fit every now and then,

I'd say there's a chance that Brian might get the Irish match on Monday. He was with Alkin the whole time up until today and he got switched over to working with Hamilton. Could be a sign that RTÉ realise how much better he is compared to Ronnie Whelan.

If he gets that match then I'd say there's a huge chance of him getting the final. Hamilton is their main guy. He's guaranteed the final (if Peter Collins or Ger Canning get it then RTÉ deserve to die as an organisation), and hopefully Brian will be tagging along. He has been a breath of fresh air.

I usually hate the type of accent that he has but for some reason it works well here. He makes as many, if not more, mistakes as the rest of the co-commentators but as was said before he really seems like he's enjoying himself being there. He also knows exactly what he's on about. If he talks about some young lad from Greece or Croatia then you can be sure Brian has actually seen him play in person.

Oh and then there's the fact that he has been absolutely hilarious at times. All the punditry highlights have come from him or from the "A team" in the studio. Long may it continue.

• Advertisement

I'd say there's a chance that Brian might get the Irish match on Monday. He was with Alkin the whole time up until today and he got switched over to working with Hamilton. Could be a sign that RTÉ realise how much better he is compared to Ronnie Whelan.

If he gets that match then I'd say there's a huge chance of him getting the final. Hamilton is their main guy. He's guaranteed the final (if Peter Collins or Ger Canning get it then RTÉ deserve to die as an organisation), and hopefully Brian will be tagging along. He has been a breath of fresh air.

I usually hate the type of accent that he has but for some reason it works well here. He makes as many, if not more, mistakes as the rest of the co-commentators but as was said before he really seems like he's enjoying himself being there. He also knows exactly what he's on about. If he talks about some young lad from Greece or Croatia then you can be sure Brian has actually seen him play in person.

Oh and then there's the fact that he has been absolutely hilarious at times. All the punditry highlights have come from him or from the "A team" in the studio. Long may it continue.

You can almost hear the twinkle in his eye!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

bar whelan, kenny has a decent side done out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Well Done Bill, liove

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

HA!

Loyiv.

Ger Canning really loves saying Lviv. He's said it about 10 times since the start of the this match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ger Canning really loves saying Lviv. He's said it about 10 times since the start of the this match.
    He also thinks Nani is representing Man Utd. tonight.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    He also thinks Nani is representing Man Utd. tonight.

Haha yea I posted that in the match thread.

He's used GAA terms a few times as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Kerr is a shocking commentator IMO. Doesnt know half the players names and makes the worst jokes, and that accent......

Corholio wrote: »
    Kerr is a shocking commentator IMO. Doesnt know half the players names and makes the worst jokes, and that accent......

fairly superficial reasons to criticise Kerr in fairness. main commentator's job to know the names/pronunciations as they are the professional broadcasters. he has a far broader knowledge of players outside the premiership than any of the other co-commentators (or even Dunphy!! (joke)). i for one have enjoyed him, best of RTE's bunch, would like to see him get the game tomorrow.

i actually enjoyed some of his butchered pronunciations - Sergei O'Ramos, and Cassy Ass the goalkeeper!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

I always switch to utv when he is on rte. I tried once but I cant listen to him. If he had a thick Donegal or Cork accent I bet Rte wouldnt have him on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

RGDATA! wrote: »
    fairly superficial reasons to criticise Kerr in fairness. main commentator's job to know the names/pronunciations as they are the professional broadcasters. he has a far broader knowledge of players outside the premiership than any of the other co-commentators (or even Dunphy!! (joke)). i for one have enjoyed him, best of RTE's bunch, would like to see him get the game tomorrow.

i actually enjoyed some of his butchered pronunciations - Sergei O'Ramos, and Cassy Ass the goalkeeper!

In fairness they were just some of the reasons, I don't find his knowledge all that great to be honest. Surely any commentator should be able to get their names right, ridiculous to say it's only the main commentators job. Also, a commentators job is to speak, how his voice sounds isnt exactly a small thing really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Ger Canning thinks it's still 0-0 because the green flag hasn't been raised.

And he failed to call that 45 a minute ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

I would rather listen to Kerr's mispronunced names than listen to Ronnie 'everything in the universe is negative' Whelan.

In fairness they were just some of the reasons, I don't find his knowledge all that great to be honest. Surely any commentator should be able to get their names right, ridiculous to say it's only the main commentators job. Also, a commentators job is to speak, how his voice sounds isnt exactly a small thing really.

fair enough, I just meant i was less concerned with how he says things as opposed to what he says. and I have preferred his input to ronnie/ray houghton/trevor steven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

While the cats away the mice will play ...

Hamann and Cunningham just broke Ayatollah Dunphy's anti-Ronaldo fatwa and started praising Ronaldo's play and goal at half time. Tellingly, Giles sat stony faced throughout. Wouldn't have happened if Dunphy had been there, but at least they've shown that they might be able to think for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Bender just scored for Denmark according to Ger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Felexicon wrote: »

He didn't say that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Felexicon wrote: »

Bender scored for Germany. Lars Bender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10