Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2012 RTE Panel Watch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

It's actually Montolivo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Neeson wrote: »
    21? He's a grown man. No excuses.

Hes been in England since he was 19 . . Even 21 is young for most people to be living outside of the country they grew up in . .

Not making excuses (Im a United fan, I wont defend him!), but in football terms hes very young and is obviously very irresponsible/childish . . Many footballers dont play at the top level until closer to their mid 20s, Bolatelli makes me think of an Italian Gazza, too much too soon and he doesnt have time to mature as a person . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

closeline wrote: »
    At least we don't have to listen to Kerr anymore

at least he knows the players if not how to say their names.

And doesnt just make up **** to finish a sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

dreamers75 wrote: »
    at least he knows the players if not how to say their names.

And doesnt just make up **** to finish a sentence.

everytime I hear Kerr commentating Im convinced hes going to say things like:

"Jaesus your man is sh*te"

or

"I dont f**kin know what your man was up to there"

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

When Eamon dunphy was referring to the Germans as adroit in the build-up, this was all I could think of:

tumblr_lx39w4imMr1qftkh9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Drumpot wrote: »
    everytime I hear Kerr commentating Im convinced hes going to say things like:

"Jaesus your man is sh*te"

or

"I dont f**kin know what your man was up to there"

I miss him :(

remember he said "wud ya luk at da head on him!" - so funny :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭Polar101

Timer starts now for the upcoming "NO WONDER IRELAND DIDN'T QUALIFY, THE BEST TWO TEAMS IN EUROPE WERE IN THE GROUP, HA HA HA BILL".

Haha, Brady was writing Italy off pre-tournament and all tournament :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Whats Dunphy on about?Germany have no gifted players

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Germany aren't creating gifted players according to Dunphy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Joekers

Italian football is dying...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

yomtea98 wrote: »

Reus, Ozil, Kroos, Muller all shockingly poor technical players. This is the worst ****e he has talked yet.

Joekers wrote: »

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The lads have been on the beer tonight id say,Germany arent producing the players anymore :D The same players that will play our lads in the WC Qualifiers and we be listening to the three wise men telling us that the Germans have too many World Class players for us to beat them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Joekers wrote: »

Nobody is going to the games dispite the fact attendances in the last two seasons are as high as they have been since 92/93

And they hardly scord a goal in 2006 when they won it, dispite the fact they scored 11 (spain scored 8 in 2010).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Car crash tv tbh....you know you shouldnt watch it but you do.

We dont have trolls that good on the soccer forum and we have some good ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Giles: "pedelski"

"sobolski"

WTF!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

It wasn't cheilini lads pumping the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭Polar101

Polar101 wrote: »
    Timer starts now for the upcoming "NO WONDER IRELAND DIDN'T QUALIFY, THE BEST TWO TEAMS IN EUROPE WERE IN THE GROUP, HA HA HA BILL".

18 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

yomtea98 wrote: »

Classic Dunphy. People actually believe this stuff that he comes out with as well.

He said the same before the Greek match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Renn wrote: »
    It's actually Montolivo.

Sorry spelled that wrong. I know how to pronounce his name, its the least the commentators/pundits should know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

What was said last? Brady saying it was impossible for Ireland to get out of the group which is true but made sure to give a plus to his old buddy Trap.

Delighted for Balotelli. The lads hate seeing the likes of him and Ronaldo doing well. Giles would rather Dirk Kuyt in the team instead of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Dunphy said Gomez's inclusion was a controversial decision, implying Klose is the superior player and a no-brainer selection, yet, when he was selected to play Greece, Dunphy dismissed Klose as a second-rate nobody that plays for ''some midtable club in the Budesliga.'' (Klose plays for Lazio)

Dunphy claims Ozil drifts in and out of games and disappears in big games. He was Germany's best player and pulled every single string in midfield during the tournament; initiating attacks, spreading the play and if not making the incisive pass, was instead making an intelligent run pulling a defender out of position. He scored a difficult penalty tonight as well.
    I'll admit to being an Ozil fan boy but Dunphy must hold some kind of prejudice against him because he will not recognize him as a gifted playmaker, or even a good player.

Dunphy lambasted Hummels for his poor defending vs. Cassano for the first goal. Fair enough, but then he goes on to say that people were identifying Hummels as one of the players of the tournament in a tone which just said 'how wrong were they' but before the game, he himself was lauding Hummels as one of the best players of the tournament.

Dunphy and the rest of the panel have no interest in intelligent analysis. It's just menial pub talk, chatting nonsense about individual personalities.

Darragh Moloney and Cunningham were good. Hamann was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

wish there was a 3rd place play off with Moloney and Kerr on commentary and the Apres Match lads in the studio :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

SarahBM wrote: »
    wish there was a 3rd place play off with Moloney and Kerr on commentary and the Apres Match lads in the studio :(

They're offering Croatia 3rd, Ireland 4th by all accounts

Giles- great knowledge of the game but clueless as to who players are. And these are top players, Bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Always hilarious when their narrow views are exposed. I laughed out loud when they came back at half-time and Bill turns to them with his confused face: 'Lads, I have to say I'm shocked.'

Sure didn't Dunphy call Balotelli a waste of space a few days ago?

Always hilarious when their narrow views are exposed. I laughed out loud when they came back at half-time and Bill turns to them with his confused face: 'Lads, I have to say I'm shocked.'

Sure didn't Dunphy call Balotelli a waste of space a few days ago?

And they've all called him a headbanger too, but that probably is true to some degree.

I really would love to do up a video with them contradicting themselves but they do it so often it would be difficult.

I can see it now. Dunphy saying Klose is past it one day and then a clip saying he is shocked he isn't playing instead of Gomez a few days later! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Listening to Dunphy tonight spout rubbish about the Italian game - "it's dying" :rolleyes: Never heard such $hite in my life. Yes it is true that attendances have dropped a litte in the last few seasons. This is nearly certainly due to the economic downturn, a lot of people are now unemployed in Italy. Two of my Italian friends are not bothering with season tickets this year as they cannot afford them. But it's certainly not because of any impending death of Calcio!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/attendance/_/league/ita.1/italian-serie-a?cc=5739

But his point about it dying is laughable. There is some super young players coming through the ranks, the likes of Giovinco and Invicibile at Juve, El Shaarawy at Milan, Borini at Roma and Insigne at Napoli. Better than anything that is coming out of England!

Jesus, if Italian football is dying, the English and French games must have gone to their graves a long time ago!

Some good stuff from the lads here!

• Advertisement

grenache wrote: »
    But his point about it dying is laughable. There is some super young players coming through the ranks, the likes of Giovinco and Invicibile at Juve, El Shaarawy at Milan, Borini at Roma and Insigne at Napoli. Better than anything that is coming out of England!

Jesus, if Italian football is dying, the English and French games must have gone to their graves a long time ago!

Brady maintains Oxlade-Chamberlain is quite a catch though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Brady maintains Oxlade-Chamberlain is quite a catch though!

What youth academy is Liam over again? Ah yes, Arsenal's!

Dunphy is the in-house expert on LaLiga so he probably isn't up to scratch on the Italian league. Brady is the man with his eyes fixed firmly upon the Italian league so he would have a better insight to Messrs Giles and Dunphy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Pat Spillane giving his expert opinion on Spain during the Donegal - Tyrone match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dunphy is the in-house expert on LaLiga so he probably isn't up to scratch on the Italian league. Brady is the man with his eyes fixed firmly upon the Italian league so he would have a better insight to Messrs Giles and Dunphy.

If Dunphy is an expert on La Liga then so am I. What's the criteria? Watch a Barca or Real Madrid match most weekends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

J. Marston wrote: »
    If Dunphy is an expert on La Liga then so am I. What's the criteria? Watch a Barca or Real Madrid match most weekends?

You must watch Revista La Liga at least once a month I believe to be the "expert" on the league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

"1-0 to Italy, but I think it'll be a draw"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

That's what fences are for Bill :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Bill to Eamonn: 'I'm putting a gun to your head ........ BANG.'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

half expecting Houghton to criticise the opening ceremony :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Jayob10 wrote: »

Well where was the defence for that goal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Avoided the ****e on RTE the whole tournament but watched that youtube vid. Had to switch off before the first minute was out - total and utter **** as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Jayob10 wrote: »

He kinda did "i dont think we will get goals like that here they are both very techinical defensive teams" or something to that likeing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

murpho999 wrote: »
    Well where was the defence for that goal?

shes clearing miming George :D

Avoided the ****e on RTE the whole tournament but watched that youtube vid. Had to switch off before the first minute was out - total and utter **** as usual

Go way out of that....you don't know what you missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Johnny Giles- Liverpool,I mean Italy:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The best part of the pre-game was Brady saying Abate was an "out and out defender, very strong but not great going forward and has questionable distribution".

He is a winger come fullback who is lightening quick and very good with the ball at feet.

If anything, he is better going forward than defensively.

Go way out of that....you don't know what you missed.

Ive no doubt it was more of the same bollocks from Dunphy. All he does is make things up and lies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Love the RTE panel. If I wanted to listen to the same football cliches over and over I could listen to hansen and co.

If I want to listen to guys giving their own opinions which are sometimes right and sometimes wrong and sometimes bizarre I listen to RTE. They arent afraid of upsetting anyone. Long may it last.

Ive no doubt it was more of the same bollocks from Dunphy. All he does is make things up and lies

Well you didn't see it.....so you cant comment really!

Well you didn't see it.....so you cant comment really!

Ive seen the same ****e for the past few years. Its tiresome and lazy but its what I expect from that panel. Standard for them

• Advertisement
Advertisement