Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2012 RTE Panel Watch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

IMO the 'ordinariness' of the RTE pundits makes it far more enjoyable than the cliched ITV and BBC pundits.
    Brian Kerr obviously hasn't been to the 'Terry Prone School of Communication'....
    and thank god for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

"Throw a blanket over them"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Kerr "The cross came from 40 40 40 yards out"

120 yard cross!

Love the casualness of Kerr there going "Where did ya meet them Steve" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Iron curtain-ish

Quote Brian kerr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Irdn Curdnish :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

If nothing else he gives us a good laugh!

Certainly better than Houghton, that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I don't mind Kerr at all. He talks some ****e but he's reasonable knowledgeable.

Better then anything on BBC or ITV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

OT but Craig Burley just came up with a gem on ITV:

"Greece were all over the gaff in the 1st half. Didn't know whether they were having their dinner or getting their hair cut!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Did someone just burp there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

leonidas83 wrote: »
    What about Ossie Ardiles (who couldnt speak or understand English properly) or Graeme Souness (Rangers Legend), there's been far stranger ones tbh. I think he's good, gives a bit of balance to what seems to be very black or white views on this panel
    Thought Souness was a great pundit. He enjoyed the editorial freedom he had on rte as well compared to sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Had to switch from rte to Itv mid first half. Alkin sounds like he is very interested in football, but his voice is awful. Kerrs accent is awful. Very annoying.

Kenny just said Cechs problem is in his head.

kitakyushu wrote: »
    Kenny just said Cechs problem is in his head.

He has a point in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

Thought Souness was a great pundit. He enjoyed the editorial freedom he had on rte as well compared to sky

Hes completely different on RTE, I dislike him on Sky but he has some good insights when he was on RTE for the 2010 World Cup.

I remember his piece about acclimatizing (Not sure if that is a word or not) to the altitude when he played for Scotland at World Cup and other pieces of information which were relevant to the altitude in certain parts of South Africa where teams were training.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Hes completely different on RTE, I dislike him on Sky but he has some good insights when he was on RTE for the 2010 World Cup.

I remember his piece about acclimatizing (Not sure if that is a word or not) to the altitude when he played for Scotland at World Cup and other pieces of information which were relevant to the altitude in certain parts of South Africa where teams were training.

Souness was a good on RTE,the night himself and Dunphy clashed was priceless :D

Bill can't read now.

Bill wants to do damage the Spanish :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

He really thinks we can get at the Spanish.

Kenny is only building up Bills hopes.

I think this is a kind of "debating contest" between Cunningham and Dunphy. Neither actually believe what they are saying and are just arguing their assigned postion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Dunphy: "The Polish ran out of puff in the first 20 minutes"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

It's the clash of the eyebrows tonight between Kenny and Didi.

It's the clash of the eyebrows tonight between Kenny and Didi.

wave_animation.gif

• Advertisement

Eamon Dunphy thinks they had officials behind the goals for the World Cup in South Africa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Dunphy talking out his hoop there. There weren't officials behind the goals in the World Cup who didn't give Lampard's goal....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

What was the story with that 5th official debate?

Aren't they there solely for the ball crossing the line? And I don't think they were there in South Africa when Lampard's shot was ruled out

BKC wrote: »
    Eamon Dunphy thinks they had officials behind the goals for the World Cup in South Africa!

Just thought that myself :pac: feckin' eejit! What must Kenny & Didi be thinking?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was pissing myself at Kerr earlier on actually.
    I'd rather be 2-0 up than 1-0 up. If you concede at 2-0 you're still in the lead but if you concede at 1-0 they've gone an equalised

Unreal stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was pissing myself at Kerr earlier on actually.

Unreal stuff.

But is he wrong, That_Guy?? Is he wrong????? I don't think so!! Analysis at it's most accurate!! :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

monkey9 wrote: »
    But is he wrong, That_Guy?? Is he wrong????? I don't think so!! Analysis at it's most accurate!! :pac:

And he was responding to the old '2 goal lead is the most dangerous' rubbish with a bit of humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The panel is much better when Dunphy isn't on. He is like a pub bore who dictates the conversation but doesn't know much about whatever he is ranting about.

Samich wrote: »
    Just thought that myself :pac: feckin' eejit! What must Kenny & Didi be thinking?!

Well Didi's probably think "I couldn't give a fick as it worked out well for Germany".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

kitakyushu wrote: »
    Well Didi's probably think "I couldn't give a fick as it worked out well for Germany".

How much do we reckon didi is on for the 3 week stint, €10k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

How much do we reckon didi is on for the 3 week stint, €10k?
    Alan Hansen get's €50k per episode of Match of the Day on BBC, and he is a terrible pundit. Even considering the difference in budget, I'd guess that Didi is getting a lot more than 10k for 3 weeks work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Its off topic but did any of ye see the euronews news coverage of the euros. They mustnt have paid the rights for it and instead use a virtual 3d 'playstation' type representation to ' show' the goals......weird !

Its off topic but did any of ye see the euronews news coverage of the euros. They mustnt have paid the rights for it and instead use a virtual 3d 'playstation' type representation to ' show' the goals......weird !

Like this?
    http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/eurocopa/2012/goles4d.html

I seen it last night, it was like watching a match from LMA Manager 2003.

What do you's think of Cunningham?? I think he's really good!!

• Advertisement

Yeah he's stepped up during this tournament.

Dunphy flexing his spainish knowledge again :D

Yeah he's stepped up during this tournament

He's been really good and improving the last few years. He does be on MNS a good few times which is the League of Ireland's Match of the Day and the bloke knows his stuff!! Great knowledge of the game and the players that play it!

Yeah he's stepped up during this tournament.

Dunphy flexing his spainish knowledge again :D

The resident La Liga expert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

He should give up on his hair and just shave that mother off. He'd look deadly.

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    He should give up on his hair and just shave that mother off. He'd look deadly.

Should shave the eyebrows while he's at it.

Bill knows whats been said about the two boys :)

What the F...?

Repeats of 6 year old Apre Match?

Lads, c'mon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

What is going on with apres match??? Does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Who the hell is picking the music for the RTE montages? Has stood out like a sore thumb on a few occasions. Awful.

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote: »
    Who the hell is picking the music for the RTE montages? Has stood out like a sore thumb on a few occasions. Awful.

But it's what all the 'hip' and 'trendy' kids are listening to grand pa' :cool:

Probably the same people who think having a Craig Doyle show was a good idea.

Advertisement