Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best line season 1/2

• 08-06-2012 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭

We have a best character thread, bu I think we should have a best line poll

So lob out yer suggestions and later on we'll ask a mod to add a poll

I liked

Bronn 'there's n cure for being a cnut'
    Arya 'anyone can be killed'
    Sgirio 'what do wr say to the God of death'

Tyrion, actually i'll leave that one to the rest of ye

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Tyrion: Those are brave men knocking at our door.. Let's go kill them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Well here I have devised the best Tyrion Quotes/Dialogues, some of them are quite genius.

Tyrion: The Lord of Light wants his enemies burnt. The Drowned God wants his enemies drowned. Why are all the gods such vicious c-nts? Where is the god of t-ts and wine?

Tyrion: And here we have Bronn, son of...
    Bronn: You wouldn't know him.

Shaggar: How would you like to die, Tyrion, son of Tywin?
    Tyrion: In my own bed, at the age of 80, with a belly full of wine and a girls mouth around my c**k.

Tyrion: Where do I begin, my lords and ladies? I am a vile man, I confess it. My crimes and sins are beyond counting. I have lied and cheated, gambled and whored. I'm not particularly good at violence, but I'm good at convincing others to do violence for me. You want specifics, I suppose. When I was seven, I saw a servant girl bathing in the river. I stile her robe and she was forced to return to the castle naked and in tears. I closed my eyes, but I could still see her tits bouncing. When I was 10, I stuffed my uncle's boots with goat sh*t. When confronted with my crime, I blamed a squire. Poor boy was flogged, and I escaped justice. When I was 12 I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald men cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did. I once brought a jackass and a honeycomb into a brothel....

Tyrion: And how do a bear's balls taste?
    Yoren: A bit chewy. What about you, milord. What's the strangest thing you've eaten?
    Tyrion: Do Dornish girls count?

Tyrion: Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
    Jon: What the hell do you know about being a bastard?
    Tyrion: All dwarfs are bastards in their father's eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Well for me it has to be Syrio's last words, powerful stuff. But Tyrion is the most consistent with the epic quotes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Syrio's last words are my clear winner too.

Tyrion is by far the most consistent but Jamie's "my god is that a woman" gave me the biggest laugh in both season's.

Drogo's little speech killing yer man was fairly bad ass too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Melisandre: You should kneel before your brother. He's the Lord's Chosen. Born amidst salt and smoke.

Renly Baratheon: Born amidst salt and smoke? Is he a ham?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Sounds crap in text, but the end of this video

Jon snow: "turn back around."
    Ygritte: "and I thought we were done when he said "turn back around" "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bAPbzNCrEo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

"Your mother was a dumb whore with a fat arse..."

The legendary Robert Baratheon. Brilliantly delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

"If any man dies with a clean sword , I'll rape his ****ing corpse!"

Sandor Clegane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

"If any man dies with a clean sword , I'll rape his ****ing corpse!"

Sandor Clegane

+1000

Although I did like Tyrions line to Varys. "You should taste her fish pie."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Plenty of great lines, really like how they used alot of direct quotes from the books too.

My favorite, based on delivery,

"I'll gut you!, you little c*nt!!"

Jeoffry Baratheon.
    Said with so much venom!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Varys: I'm not entirely sure what you're suggesting.
    Tyrion: I'm entirely sure, you're entirely sure, what I'm suggesting.

and I just like Stannis and his delivery of almost every line:
    Stannis: They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them.

We should have a Favorite line from the books thread too, some great lines to come.

**** the Kingsguard
    **** the city
    **** the king!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

“I buried an axe so deep into Willem's skull they had to bury him with it.”

Yoren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

The gold cloak drew a shortsword. "Here's your law."

Thats no Law, just a sword - happens I've got one too
    Yoren

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭shaneor

There really are so many great lines. Some favorites

Jaime: There are no men like me. Only me.

Tyrion: What do you want, Bronn? Gold? Women? Golden women? Stick with me and you'll have them all, for as long as I'm around and not a moment longer. But you knew that. That is why you so valiantly took up arms to defend my honor.

Bronn: Fair enough. But don't go looking for me to bend the knee and "m'lord" you every time you take a ****. I'm not your toady and I'm not your friend.

Tyrion: Though I would treasure your friendship, I'm mainly interested in your facility with murder. And if the day ever comes when you're tempted to sell me out, remember this: whatever their price, I'll beat it. I like living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Yoren (I think) had a great one:

"That's what I hate about crossbows they take too long to reload" great death too

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Oh, without a doubt:

Bronn: "Give me ten good men and some climbing spikes. I'll impregnate the bitch."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man. Between them stands a common sellsword. Each great man bids the sellsword kill the other two. Who lives, who dies? Power resides where men believe it resides. It’s a trick, a shadow on the wall and a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Verys

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Too many to mention but one of my favourites was when Bronn fights for Tyrion.

Crazy bitch who's breastfeeding a 10 year old: You do not fight with honour.
    Bronn: No. He did.

Simple and the delivery was just excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dmcar02

Sandor Clegane: If any of those flaming fcuking arrows come near me, I'll strangle you with your own guts.. Pure badass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

"There's no cure for being a c*nt"

- Bronn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

The storms come and go, the waves crash overhead, the big fish eat the little fish, and I keep on paddling

Varys

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

Every man who's tried my cooking has told me what a good whore I am

Shae

Advertisement