Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Irish Paper I Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

leaveiton wrote: »
    Ní bhíonn éadaí faiseanta ag daoine gan dídean, mar tá siad bocht. B'fhéidir go bhfuil siad ag tógáil drugaí freisin...

Is aoibheann liom a bheith ag caitheamh t-léine peile atá ag baint leis na cluichí oilimpeacha. Tá na cluichí oilimpeacha go mór i mbéal an phobail anois mar beidh siad ar siúl i Londain idir an 27 Iúil agus an 12 Lúnasa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I know this isn't part of P1 but I couldn't find Irish P2 thread :p

Is it true that we don't have to put the comphrensions in our own words? That'll make life so much easier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Whatever comes up, twist it around to a recession essay.

'Beidh na cluichi Oilimpeacha ar siul i Londain i mi Iuil. Ar an drochuair, ni feidir liom iad a fheiceail mar nil teilifis agam. Chaill mo Dhaid a phost, agus tar eis sin, bimid ag fulaingt. In ainm De, cad a tharla don tir seo?' Seamless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I know this isn't part of P1 but I couldn't find Irish P2 thread :p

Is it true that we don't have to put the comphrensions in our own words? That'll make life so much easier!

Leave them as they are, no manipulation needed.

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Leave them as they are, no manipulation needed.

Sweeeeeeet, that should be easy enough marks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Namlub wrote: »
    Whatever comes up, twist it around to a recession essay.

'Beidh na cluichi Oilimpeacha ar siul i Londain i mi Iuil. Ar an drochuair, ni feidir liom iad a fheiceail mar nil teilifis agam. Chaill mo Dhaid a phost, agus tar eis sin, bimid ag fulaingt. In ainm De, cad a tharla don tir seo?' Seamless.

don't forget to relate back to the question though! :) no point in writing a perfect answer on the recession if you can't tie it in with what the question is asking. (:

'Glacfaidh Usain Bolt pairt sna cluichi Oilimpeacha, agus ta a lan airgead aige. Nil a lan airgead agam, mar ta an tiogar ceilteach marbh. Nil an dara rogha agam ag dul go dti an Astrail chun obair a fhail'

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tankosaur

Anyone have a list of mothúcán or seanfhocals that can come up for the scéals?

ALso I know this is paper 1 discussion but does anyone know how to answer the questions of what genre is the piece written in? I've lost my notes on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

Tankosaur wrote: »
    Anyone have a list of mothúcán or seanfhocals that can come up for the scéals?

ALso I know this is paper 1 discussion but does anyone know how to answer the questions of what genre is the piece written in? I've lost my notes on it.
    Taking on the scéal, bold move.

Can someone translate this into Irish for me please?

"Because of the recession in Ireland, many social problems has increased in Ireland such as _______"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rosualt

Can someone translate this into Irish for me please?

"Because of the recession in Ireland, many social problems has increased in Ireland such as _______"

"De thoradh an chúlú eacnamaíochta in Éirinn, chuaigh neart fadhbanna sóisialta i méad, ar nós____ "

rosualt wrote: »
    "De thoradh an chúlú eacnamaíochta in Éirinn, chuaigh neart fadhbanna sóisialta i méad, ar nós____ "

Thank you very much! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭siobhan93

siobhan93 wrote: »
    If they ask about Education is there anyway you can talk about emmigration?

Like could you say because of the education system people dont have good skills and have to go abroad or something? Cause i dont have much on education but i do on imrice!

Anyone????

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tankosaur

RedTexan wrote: »
    Taking on the scéal, bold move.

I've a story learned off, not so bold after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

Anyone????

you can bring in about the points system and how it's so difficult to get a course young people have to emigrate to do the course they want in college.
    and then that we have loadsa well educated people but because of unemployment they have to emigrate

Anyone????

Absolutely, I have a paragraph on the recession in every one of my essays, but make sure it's just that - a paragraph, not the whole essay. Haha, one of the paragraphs in my timpeallacht essay starts off something like "conas a réiteoidh an fhadhb seo? bhuel is rud éasca é i ndáiríre. caithfimid an t-athchúrsáil a dhéanamh agus rudaí a chur sna málaí athchúrsála. Faraor, mar gheall ar an gcúlú eacnamaíochta, ní bhíonn go leor daoine in ann málaí athchúrsála a cheannach..........." :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Well, you could, but you'll have to make sure you keep going back to the heading of Education, if it were to come up. You could say what the bad education system leads to, for example, to migration - 'an imirce'
    But I highly doubt you'd be able to continue talking about migration as the essay should be about education.
    It would do for a point, but not the whole essay, in my opinion. You must give the corrector the answer to the question asked, not what you want the question to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭siobhan93

imelle wrote: »
    you can bring in about the points system and how it's so difficult to get a course young people have to emigrate to do the course they want in college.
    and then that we have loadsa well educated people but because of unemployment they have to emigrate

Oh thanks a mill! I couldnt think of any way to bring it in :pac:

One more sentence please :p

"There is a lot of people all over the country suffering because of _____ in the country"

One more sentence please :p

"There is a lot of people all over the country suffering because of _____ in the country"

tá a lán daoine ar fud na tíre ag fulaingt de bharr an _____ atá in Éirinn inniú

• Advertisement

tá a lán daoine ar fud na tíre ag fulaingt de bharr an _____ atá in Éirinn inniú

quick tip before tomorrow, it might save you a mark or two, the word 'inniu' doesn't take a fada! that's a mistake i made up until about a month ago!

quick tip before tomorrow, it might save you a mark or two, the word 'inniu' doesn't take a fada! that's a mistake i made up until about a month ago!

really :O my whole life since junior infants has been a lie :eek:
    thanks!!

really :O my whole life since junior infants has been a lie :eek:
    thanks!!

exactly how i felt! :D

Pff, I didn't even know Irish nouns had genders until like two months ago. And did you know that cailin is masculine? Crazy.

Also, I know the back-up paper has been checked and verified, but I still have this irrational fear that they put all random stuff on for the craic because they never thought it would see the light of day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Namlub wrote: »
    Also, I know the back-up paper has been checked and verified, but I still have this irrational fear that they put all random stuff on for the craic because they never thought it would see the light of day
    Highly unlikely! :)

Both papers are prepared to the same standards and protocols, and AFAIK it's only at the end of the process that one is chosen as the primary paper and one as the back-up, the people setting them don't know which is which while they're working on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

An bhfuil gach éinne reidh? Nílim ach tá súil agam go mbeidh sé ceart go leor. Go n-eirí an tádh leat a chairde agus ná bí ag buartha! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Ta suil agam go mbeidh an scrudu seo ceart go leor :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

The paper must be going ok, seeming as there aren't any comments yet, which is a good sign hopefully that people didnt leave early!! havn't seen any comments on Twitter either about the title. I hope it did go well for everybody doing it.. will definetly help with having to study then for P2 and all the prós and filíocht.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭DesmondGAF

Don't normally post here, mainly a lurker.

Just came home there, thought HL Paper was grand. Listening was nice, as were the essay titles. Finished @3 (Don't mean to brag)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

DesmondGAF wrote: »
    Don't normally post here, mainly a lurker.

Just came home there, thought HL Paper was grand. Listening was nice, as were the essay titles. Finished @3 (Don't mean to brag)

What were the titles?! out at 3.. thats just 40 minutes to write the essay! how much did you get down in that time?

Advertisement