Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Irish Paper I Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭emmamurphy233

It wasn't too bad. Didn't do well in the listening, but then again I knew that would happen because I'm terrible at listening. The titles were fine, I was happy I could understand them. I did the article to the eagrathoir about youth being lazy. Got 3 and a half pages and was out at half 3. Happy enough. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Grand paper. Listening was fine, and the titles were all quite open. Can't remember exactly what they were but there was something about córas sláinte under the "aiste" heading, something about Ireland that I didn't fully understand and I can't remember the other one. In the díospóireacht there was a title to do with drinking which I did. I hope I did it right though, I didn't fully understand one word in the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭DesmondGAF

What were the titles?! out at 3.. thats just 40 minutes to write the essay! how much did you get down in that time?

3 pages. Normally write 2 so I was chuffed

AISTE
    -Crisis in the heath system: My solutions
    -Crime in Ireland
    - Ireland is an open country or something?... sorry can't remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

DesmondGAF wrote: »

AISTE
    -Crime in Ireland

Oh Wow, they are brilliant titles, they are the main ones teachers cover, and that Drinking and youth were in two other sections too is great. The contingency paper wasn't so tough after all!!

Onwards now to Paper 2!! best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭annettesayz

DesmondGAF wrote: »

AISTE
    -Crime in Ireland

Ireland today, its an welcoming,open country.
    Thats the one I did, was nice for a change being positive about Ireland. :)
    Listening was fair, although our tape stopped working for a few minutes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I was really happy with the essay titles, I did about page and a half (500ish words) of good sentences, I did the Health system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I was happy with that, tape was a bit challenging as usual. Got 4 pages out of the aiste, didn't count it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭68508224

anyone get the last question on the listening on thephone number thats mentioned?? i got 098 40267

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 bazinga_

i did the crime one, wrote about 820 words on violence on the streets, television, drugs, alcohol, pressures on young people and recession.
    just hope i properly understoof the second bit of the title!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

bazinga_ wrote: »
    i did the crime one, wrote about 820 words on violence on the streets, television, drugs, alcohol, pressures on young people and recession.
    just hope i properly understoof the second bit of the title!

The second bit of the title was just basically that crime was a modern threat or something.

Have to say I was delighted with that. When I first heard that bloody Donegal accent on the first section I wanted to headbutt the desk but it was all grand! Essay titles were nice and open too, pretty much could have done any of them with the essay plans that I had prepared.

Roll on Paper 2! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

The aural was lovely but I'm really unhappy with the aiste. I did the Ireland is a welcoming, open country one. Literally nothing I had learnt came up so I had to make up my essay, which wasn't that bad but it was a bit all over the place tbh. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Tippgal93

I was really happy with that.. I did the letter to the editor on his newspaper article saying young people are lazy... It was realy nice.. I wrote about 3 and a half pages so was happy with that! 5 including the names and addresses ... I think it was a pretty fair paper.. They had a wide range of topics and all teachers are bound to have covered a few of the topics that came up! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Listening was grand but our tape broke at the end :pac: I did the essay on alcohol, what was the title exactly does anyone know? :) Talked about alcohol as a drug and went on to talk about drugs but kept alcohol in mind the entire time, got 3 and a bit out of it so happy enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 water_piano

Was the alt on daoine oga a response to an alt you read in the newspaper that made you mad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 GiveEmHellKid

Aren't we a happy bunch after that! It was lovely. Nice essay titles, no major problems in the aural. I did the dochas essay. Wrote about the Irish language, our celebrities and then on the opposite spectrum there's the culu eacnamaioct, drugs in sports/society etc.
    If paper 2 is as nice we'll be all on a roll! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Tippgal93

Was the alt on daoine oga a response to an alt you read in the newspaper that made you mad?

Yeah it sure was... I did it.. It was too nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭montown

that was sweet, such a relief after the disaster of a maths paper this morning. i did the choras slainte one, really got to show off the modh coinniollach so im delighted with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Listening was grand but our tape broke at the end :pac: I did the essay on alcohol, what was the title exactly does anyone know? :) Talked about alcohol as a drug and went on to talk about drugs but kept alcohol in mind the entire time, got 3 and a bit out of it so happy enough :)

I'm pretty certain it meant

The Irish should be more respectful in with their drinking

I think I wrote just under 500 words, would I lose much marks for not writing 500-600?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Irish went great! The listening was brilliant and I wrote about 700 words for the essay. I actually think...maybe... there's a slight possibility I might get an A if paper 2 goes well. And I was going to drop to pass in fifth year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 glitterslut

I did the Ireland is a welcoming, open country. I just talked about immigration. The government and then a did the problems that came along with Ireland being an open, welcoming country.

Do you think it'd be alright that I talked about the problems associated with Ireland being open and welcoming? Or was that completely beside the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

i wrote 4 pages.

just checking if you guys think what i wrote is relevant. I did the b on Aiste about Ireland today being welcoming and open and i wrote that it is open because of the EU.
    i then went on to give advantages and disadvantages of the EU like the euro, travel and all that sort of stuff talking about how it's good ireland is welcoming and part of the EU because.. and bad Ireland is opening because....
    does that sound ok to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

ChemHickey wrote: »
    I'm pretty certain it meant

The Irish should be more respectful in with their drinking

That's mint :) That makes my endng make perfect sense :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dearbhaile

at the top of the essay titles does it not say 'you must not go over 500-600 words in any case' ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14 water_piano

Tippgal93 wrote: »
    Yeah it sure was... I did it.. It was too nice :)

Hahah ya I thought that too, thats why I was checking to make sure :)

Dearbhaile wrote: »
    at the top of the essay titles does it not say 'you must not go over 500-600 words in any case' ??

How many pages would that be?
    I got less than 4 ...

How many pages would that be?
    I got less than 4 ...

I got about 500 words in one and a half pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Dearbhaile wrote: »

It says you don't have to, you can if you want, although you get penalised for writing too much.

Really easy paper. Went very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

That was an unbelievable paper couldn't have gone better for me.. the listening was very easy along with an amazing title of crime. It wud be better if the sec messed up every year :D was able to fit in drugs,alcohol,recession,solutions everything :)
    got 5 pages and a bit :)

• Advertisement

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I got about 500 words in one and a half pages.
    Oh...
    Ah well, whats done is done :)

Advertisement