Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2012 Gameweek 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

KevIRL wrote: »
    wooo Zhirkov

Otherwise known as Shirokov!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Nice one Shirokov!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Just so it's clear:

A. Dzagoev 15'
    (assist by A. Kerzhakov)

R. Shirokov 24'
    (assist by A. Arshavin)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Webb is such a **** ref. That was a penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

KevIRL wrote: »
    wooo Zhirkov
    Thought you had Dzagoev(C) and Shirokov there for a minute.

Delighted with that second goal as it was a tough decision to save the £1.5 million for elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Zhitkov CS gone now. D:

Pilar goal.

Ah jaysus me captain has missed a rake :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Just to be clear......

Let's say I have someone as captain this evening and he scores 5 points (captain - 10 points). I then decide to switch my captain to someone different tomorrow and he only scores 4 points (captain - 8 points).

Can I switch my captain back to the first guy? I can't switch the captain to a player who has already played can I? For example if I have someone on my team who has already played and scored a bag of points I assume I can't retrospectively make him captain?

Not to the same guy. Just someone who hasn't played yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Oh baby

Captain Dzagoev strikes again. RVP and Ozil will have to wait until next week to have their captaincy, no way am I taking it off him now.

Wanted Dzagoev but couldn't afford the extra 1.5 difference from Shirokov :(

carlcon wrote: »
    Captain Dzagoev strikes again. RVP and Ozil will have to wait until next week to have their captaincy, no way am I taking it off him now.

You're right too. I'm disgusted Kerzhakov didn't get a goal!!! Pav with a cracker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Russia destroys Czech Rep as expected

That's some goal from Pav. Wish I had the balls to stick him in my team, but there was too much uncertainty around who played that main attacker for Russia. I fancied him from the start, so hope I don't regret not taking the chance in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone know who got the assist for Pavs goal?

Degag wrote: »
    Anyone know who got the assist for Pavs goal?

Arshavin again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭chrisguy116

not too shabby to have lewandowski, arshavin and dzagoev! anyone else off to a good start?

39 points so far with effectively 9 to play.

I'll probably be dropping a 2 point defender for Benzema. Must decide whether to keep Lewandowski as captain or gamble on RVP

• Advertisement

Sneijder captain armband's over to you :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Two points with 1 played.

Think I'll have to build some Russian's into the team for the group games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'll probably be dropping a 2 point defender for Benzema. Must decide whether to keep Lewandowski as captain or gamble on RVP

I would keep Lewandowski. 12 points is solid enough and I wouldn't risk it personally.

BKC wrote: »
    I would keep Lewandowski. 12 points is solid enough and I wouldn't risk it personally.

If RVP fails I could roll the dice on Iniesta then Benzema....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

going to change captain from lewan to VP. if VP fails i'll have ibra or young to put it on

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭themacman

Stick or twist with Shirokov captain (2x8pts)? Got Dutch and German big guns (VP, Sneider, Ozil, Klose). Iniesta if that fails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Can anyone recommend a cheap Dutch defender due to play today. I was gong to go for Mathisjen ? but I understand he's injured

EDIT I've gone for Ron Vlaar- never heard of him but he's playing and he's cheap !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

greendom wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a cheap Dutch defender due to play today. I was gong to go for Mathisjen ? but I understand he's injured

EDIT I've gone for Ron Vlaar- never heard of him but he's playing and he's cheap !
    :confused: Transfer window for this gameweek is closed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'm looking after my mates team as he is away until Monday. He had only 2 players playing yesterday so I put the armband on Szczesny. YIKES.

• Advertisement

themacman wrote: »
    Stick or twist with Shirokov captain (2x8pts)? Got Dutch and German big guns (VP, Sneider, Ozil, Klose). Iniesta if that fails.

2x8 is a respectable return from a captain, no matter what your other choices are and who they play.

I'm changing from Lewandowski to RVP but it was always the plan to have RVP as captain for this GW but had Lewandowski got another goal or even an assist, I would have stuck with him. If RVP only matches him, I'll probably leave it at that and count my blessings. I could go Iniesta and Benzema but I'm going to play it safe with captaincy choices in this competition. I'll only be using them if my group A and B choice fails.

Advertisement