Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2012 Gameweek 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Degag wrote: »
    :confused: Transfer window for this gameweek is closed.....

I'm doing the Sky Sports one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Netherlands
    1 M. Stekelenburg
    3 J. Heitinga
    13 R. Vlaar
    2 G. van der Wiel
    15 J. Willems
    11 A. Robben
    10 W. Sneijder
    6 M. van Bommel
    8 N. de Jong
    20 I. Afellay
    16 R. van Persie

Denmark
    1 S. Andersen
    4 D. Agger
    3 S. Kjær
    5 S. Poulsen
    6 L. Jacobsen
    21 N. Zimling
    7 W. Kvist
    8 C. Eriksen
    9 M. Krohn-Dehli
    10 D. Rommedahl
    11 N. Bendtner

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Delighted that Afellay is starting, he was a risk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm keeping Lewandowski as captain. Now that I've posted that, I can't change my mind again.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ireland starting XI v Croatia: Given, O'Shea, Dunne, St. Ledger, Ward, Duff, Andrews ,Whelan, McGeady, Keane, Doyle

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »

Likewise. Had Sneijder in my team right up until deadline, then freed up some cash with Afellay instead. Let's hope it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Predictions??? 3-1 to Holland for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Predicting a Holland victory but hoping Denmark can get a result!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Ditto.

The line I keep hearing is "Denmark won't be the whipping boys of this group people think they will be". I've heard it so many times now that I'm certain everyone expects Denmark to get at least a couple of draws.

Personally, I don't buy it and think Holland are going to stuff them. Had a nice little handicap bet on Holland winning by more than one goal (9/5), so I'm expecting at least a 2-0.

I also have Afellay, Sneijder, and RVP in various different FF games, so hoping for an even bigger win.

• Advertisement

That pitch looks absolutely awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Yep, hoping for big things! Great value

Sneijder should have done better with RVP's floated pass there. Had tons of time.

now the dutch will get the finger out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Williems CS gone. Typical.

Krohn-Dehl goal.

He took out an entire backline with that final touch before slipping through the keeper's legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

carlcon wrote: »
    Krohn-Dehl goal.

He took out an entire backline with that final touch before slipping through the keeper's legs.

Loved that touch. Quality stuff!

Come on you Danes!

I don't think Afellay or Robben understand the concept of "crossing". RVP is looking frustrated, so he keeps coming short or wide, leaving nobody in the box.

First 30 mins has Huntelaar written all over it. It's ridiculous that they think they can't play both up front.

the dutch are getting worse. ht cant come quick enough. can see afellay being subbed at ht for huntelaar and rvp pushed left

the dutch are getting worse. ht cant come quick enough. can see afellay being subbed at ht for huntelaar and rvp pushed left

Unfortunately, I agree. Will suck seeing RVP go wide, but at least then he'll be more likely to notch an assist or two, because he's getting nothing from Afellay of Robben right now, who have done nothing but try to score themselves so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

RVP moments ago

andy-carroll-horse.gif

rvp as captain is going to be a bust. iniesta to save my blushes!

Epic result by Denmark. In fairness

Thank goodness Dzagoev got that 2nd goal yesterday. Otherwise, I definitely would have made RVP my captain for today.

Meh. Sneijder fails to get on the points-sheet (but i think we can blame his teammates wasteful finishing at least a bit for that). Captain change number 3. Come on Robbie Keane :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Lads, you know the way you can make one free substitution in Matchday one.... If i take off someone who has played yesterday (eg take off Samaras) and sub in Jelavic for example, will Jelavic score points in Matchday 1 against Ireland or will he only score points from Matchday 2 onwards?

still hope Jelavic scores feck all tomorrow either way

EDIT: sorry, line one should read one free TRANSFER rather than one free substitution

capture_16.jpg

Hummels starts instead of Mertesacker

Gomez goal. Khedira assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

well VP was a let down. ibra or young for captaincy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Lads, you know the way you can make one free substitution in Matchday one.... If i take off someone who has played yesterday (eg take off Samaras) and sub in Jelavic for example, will Jelavic score points in Matchday 1 against Ireland or will he only score points from Matchday 2 onwards?

still hope Jelavic scores feck all tomorrow either way

I think you are confusing substitutions and transfers.

Your squad as it is now stands until the end of matchday one. You can substitute a low-scoring player from your starting XI for a player from your bench who is yet to play. You can do this for all 4 bench players if you so wish.

You have 1 free transfer before the start of matchday 2. If you make that transfer now the player transferred in will not be a part of your squad until matchday 2 starts.

Advertisement