Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2012 Gameweek 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

darego wrote: »
    well VP was a let down. ibra or young for captaincy?

Can't imagine England or France conceding many goals in this group, so this is Ibra's main chance to score, IMO.

Likewise, I think this is the game where England are least likely to dominate, so I'd definitely favour Ibra this round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

darego wrote: »
    well VP was a let down. ibra or young for captaincy?

Ibrahimovic -- Ukraine are terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I think you are confusing substitutions and transfers.

Your squad as it is now stands until the end of matchday one. You can substitute a low-scoring player from your starting XI for a player from your bench who is yet to play. You can do this for all 4 bench players if you so wish.

You have 1 free transfer before the start of matchday 2. If you make that transfer now the player transferred in will not be a part of your squad until matchday 2 starts.

Cheers Guappa, i did indeed mean one free transfer not one free substitution. Picked Samaras over Jelavic originally as wasn't 100% sure whether Jelavic would start...i'll be subbing out Samaras for Ibrahimovic tomorrow. Would only play Jelavic for this game anyway, think he'd struggle to do anything against Spain and Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Were any of you able to connect to the website ? Wanted to put on a croatian player on the pitch in case they perform but can't log in...
    Deadline for matchday substitution isn't over yet is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dunne or Keane. Dunne or Keane. Dunne or Keane

:/

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »

Could you connect to the website ?

iroced wrote: »

Could you connect to the website ?

Perenially logged in

Don't bother logging out so just go straight back in

Perenially logged in

Don't bother logging out so just go straight back in

Aaah Ok. S**** anyway I couldn't connect so expect a croatian CS...:(

No strikers for Spain. Madness.

1 Casillas
    15 Sergio Ramos
    17 Arbeloa
    3 Piqué
    18 Jordi Alba
    10 Fàbregas
    6 Iniesta
    14 Xabi Alonso
    8 Xavi
    21 David Silva
    16 Busquets

Italy start Balotelli. Madness.

1 G. Buffon
    19 L. Bonucci
    3 G. Chiellini
    16 D. De Rossi
    21 A. Pirlo
    5 Thiago Motta
    2 C. Maggio
    8 C. Marchisio
    13 E. Giaccherini
    10 A. Cassano
    9 M. Balotelli

carlcon wrote: »
    No strikers for Spain. Madness.

You may be proven right but I would not say madness knowing that they're playing Barcelona tactical system ;).
    I agree that they don't have a "Messi" though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

You may be proven right but I would not say madness knowing that they're playing Barcelona tactical system ;).

Yet they do have Torres and Llorente

They are by no means weak without a striker, but with Torres, Llorente, and Negredo all fit and available, seems like a strange choice to me to play Fabregas instead.

Having Torres or Llorente as main target man, with Iniesta and Silva playing off him is a much better system than the Barca one, IMO. That system is specifically designed to accommodate Messi, so without Messi, you've got a faulty system.

Still expect Spain to win, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

carlcon wrote: »
    They are by no means weak without a striker, but with Torres, Llorente, and Negredo all fit and available, seems like a strange choice to me to play Fabregas instead.

Having Torres or Llorente as main target man, with Iniesta and Silva playing off him is a much better system than the Barca one, IMO. That system is specifically designed to accommodate Messi, so without Messi, you've got a faulty system.

Still expect Spain to win, though.

Another reason Barca have been adopting that line-up is that their best striker is injured.

Di Natale (who should have started) just came on for Balotelli and scored.

Assist pending...

Pirlo assist?

Fabregas equaliser, Silva assist.

As carlcon pointed out, maybe Spain with Lorente as the "target" man upfront would have opened more "breaches" into the Italian defense.
    Torres has still not retrieved his top level. He should have scored at least one of his great chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Torres lucky even to be in the squad imo. Has looked a shadow of the player he was for some time now. The only meaningful goal he's scored in a while was against barcelona as far as I can remember. Very poor again today. Mon Ireland !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Strinic CS gone.

Yeah!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Advice please. Current captain has 6pts. (as in 3pts x2)

Do I take these 6pts, as everyone seems to be low scoring, or switch captain to either Young, seb Larsson or Shevchenko?

I'm inclined to keep the 6...

8-10 wrote: »
    Advice please. Current captain has 6pts. (as in 3pts x2)

Do I take these 6pts, as everyone seems to be low scoring, or switch captain to either Young, seb Larsson or Shevchenko?

I'm inclined to keep the 6...

Lash it on Laarson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

56 points after todays games, but thats gonna be reduced to 51 points as I empty my bench ahead of tomorrows games. 51 with 4 to play then

KevIRL wrote: »
    56 points after todays games, but thats gonna be reduced to 51 points as I empty my bench ahead of tomorrows games. 51 with 4 to play then

Way above average I'd say. I'm thinking you have Dzagoev for a start

952nd overall, but hard to read too much into positions at this extremely early stage. Ya Dzagoev as capt, and also Mandzukic, Jelavic providing the bulk of my points. Szczesny in goal proving a major PITA:(

952nd overall, but hard to read too much into positions at this extremely early stage. Ya Dzagoev as capt, and also Mandzukic, Jelavic providing the bulk of my points. Szczesny in goal proving a major PITA:(

Yeah way early at this stage. I imagine some of the big players that drew blank in this round will come good in the second matches. Hoping for a haul from Ibra tomorrow to leave me with some Gameweek1 respectability

I've 59 points, with 3 bench players to play tomorrow (m olsson, debuchy and yarmolenko) plus Benzema and Zlatan already on, nothing to lose really if I take Alba, Maniatas and Muller off. Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Szczesny in goal proving a major PITA:(

Indeed. I had planned to substitute him for Casillas but he went and got himself sent off!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Captain St.Ledger did the business.

48 points but I'll be subbing out Chalkias (3), RVP (2) and Jordi Alba (2) for Lloris, Young and Benzema, so effectively 41 with 3 to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Gaaak - Jelavic and Andersen sitting on the bench there with 13 points between them, and so many lower scoring players out there...

Skippy44 wrote: »
    I've 59 points, with 3 bench players to play tomorrow (m olsson, debuchy and yarmolenko) plus Benzema and Zlatan already on, nothing to lose really if I take Alba, Maniatas and Muller off. Any opinions?

Sub out anyone with 2 points or less anyway, unless one of your bench is unlikely to start.

• Advertisement

Have subbed out Alba (2), Maniatis (2), and Muller (2). In come Olsson, Debuchy, and Yarmolenko. Fingers x'ed

Advertisement